Author Topic: Venus tree flowering  (Read 1198 times)

mangokothiyan

• Coral Springs, Florida
    • View Profile
Venus tree flowering
« on: September 07, 2018, 01:55:02 PM »

It is September and to my surprise, I found out yesterday that my Venus has pushed a flower panicle. Anyone else seeing this on any of their mango trees? I have seen it happen in the case of Mahachanok  and also Chocanon (the tree went on to hold 5 mangoes last year, the last of which I harvested on Christmas Day.) 

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
Re: Venus tree flowering
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 02:23:12 PM »
Wow, knew mangoes could flower at strange times, but did not realize flowers/fruit can hold at this time of the year. Fresh mangoes in the winter must've been nice. How was the fruit quality? Was it as good as summer fruits?

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Administrator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 02:30:17 PM »
Nuts. My venus still has a few mangoes hanging on it.
Jeff  :-)

mangokothiyan

• Coral Springs, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 04:21:34 PM »
Wow, knew mangoes could flower at strange times, but did not realize flowers/fruit can hold at this time of the year. Fresh mangoes in the winter must've been nice. How was the fruit quality? Was it as good as summer fruits?

I noticed the flowers on Choc Anon the day after Irma while I went around looking for damage. That was the first time fruiting for the tree. It fruited during the summer this year. I didn't notice any difference in fruit quality.

The Maha Chanok fruited in November in 2015 for me. Just a mango, smaller than usual but there wasn't any difference in the quality of fruit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk