Author Topic: Citrus series Mangoes Taste Report  (Read 2205 times)

MANGOJOY

• CORAL SPRINGS
    • View Profile
Citrus series Mangoes Taste Report
« on: June 22, 2018, 12:09:06 PM »
All these mangoes are top tier. Thanks, Zill family for all your hard work and dedication.

PPK- Excellent flavor and taste.  Taste nothing like a mango. Very less mango flavor, sweet smooth lemony treat,
The tree-Dark green canopy with light green mangoes have some ornamental values.
one complaint I heard is not Jucey at all.

Lemon Zest- More orange flavor than the lemon, very sweet, bigger mangoes than ppk.

Orange sherbert- Orange flavor mixed with sweet Mango flavor. Taste similar to LZ, but more Mango flavor in it.

Xeswan - A lemon Zest seedling - Most likely the sweetest mango I ever tasted. No lemon or orange flavor. Classic mango flavor with slight papaya taste.  big mango compared to lemon Zest. -A Walter Zill Creation. I don't think I spell the name correct.

Orange Essense- A superior mango than its parent Kent. Classic mango flavor with an orange taste near the skin.

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Citrus series Mangoes Taste Report
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 09:05:59 PM »
The PPK, Po Pyu Kalay, is from Myanmar (Burma), and it was brought to Florida from Burma by Maurice Kong.
Har

BestDay

• Long Beach, CA 10B 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 11:54:55 AM »
Thanks for the taste comparison.

Bill

561MangoFanatic

• Loxahatchee, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 12:29:35 PM »
Yes Thank You for the report!! I’ve been wondering about most of these..The Xeswan I had last year was delicious, I think Walter said it translated to “White Jade”.(I didn’t know they were going to release it either)
Sergio

Future

• The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 03:32:24 PM »
All these mangoes are top tier. Thanks, Zill family for all your hard work and dedication.

PPK- Excellent flavor and taste.  Taste nothing like a mango. Very less mango flavor, sweet smooth lemony treat,
The tree-Dark green canopy with light green mangoes have some ornamental values.

Lemon Zest- More orange flavor than the lemon, very sweet, bigger mangoes than ppk.

Orange sherbert- Orange flavor mixed with sweet Mango flavor. Taste similar to LZ, but more Mango flavor in it.

Xeswan - A lemon Zest seedling - Most likely the sweetest mango I ever tasted. No lemon or orange flavor. Classic mango flavor with slight papaya taste.  big mango compared to lemon Zest. -A Walter Zill Creation. I don't think I spell the name correct.

Orange Essense- A superior mango than its parent Kent. Classic mango flavor with an orange taste near the skin.

Where did you get a Yi Xuan?

MANGOJOY

• CORAL SPRINGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 05:14:39 PM »

Last year and the year before I got that mango from Walter Zill. I hope he have more this year. I have n't been to his place this year yet.

Future

• The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 06:51:08 PM »

Last year and the year before I got that mango from Walter Zill. I hope he have more this year. I have n't been to his place this year yet.

This bodes well for the 'searching for off type from Zill poly mango' projects.

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 08:33:56 AM »
If anyone has seeds, I’m looking to buy Yi Xuan.

Simon

Mark in Texas

• Fredericksburg Texas, (central TX), zone 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2018, 05:04:56 PM »
Last year and the year before I got that mango from Walter Zill. I hope he have more this year. I haven't been to his place this year yet.

Here's a recent shot of someone that was hosted by him on a Mango facebook I belong to.  Said to be the most earthy, kindest, fine man around. 

Not wishing to show off his Schwarzenegger bod, he's a bit bashful too.  :D

Thanks for the report........

nighthawk0911@yahoo.com

• Blue lives matter.
    • SW Florida Zone 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2018, 11:02:35 AM »

OK - So which one tasted the best?
Blessed be the man who plants a tree knowing he will never live to enjoy it's fruit or shade.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk