Author Topic: Mango Festivals and such.  (Read 1997 times)

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
Mango Festivals and such.
« on: May 08, 2012, 07:43:57 PM »
Now that most of us are getting close to the peak of the mango season, no doubt that many are excited about  going to a mango festival / expo etc.

I have never had the opportunity to go to the Fairchild, or Fruit Spice Park,  mango gigs,  because I am never State side, when these events happen.

I have been to the local one, held in Bani, Dominican rep. which is the "Mango Capitol" of the country.
this year will start on the 13th of June. I will be taking videos this year, have a nice HD camcorder so I expect to get some nice clips.

I noticed that some of the Mango aficionados in the forum sometimes get together, and do some taste testings etc. those sound like a lot of fun. 

With a large group, I could see it getting organized where one could hold a big get together, where everyone brings a box of mangoes from their own trees, and eating them, taking notes, giving advice, meeting other members and all that good stuff.  Still Id be in the boonies, but sounds like a fun idea.

What events are you looking forward to this year in your area , not just in S. Fla. ?

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 07:46:48 PM by Tropicdude »
William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

HMHausman

• Mod Emeritus
    • USA, Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
    • Pines Ticket Defense, LLC
Re: Mango Festivals and such.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 11:32:46 AM »
Not sure why no one responded to this.  I'm just trying to go through unread posts.  Seems some of our non-South Florida folk would have something to say about this.  Anyone??

Harry
Harry
Fort Lauderdale, FL 
USA

Squam256

• Mangos, trees and budwood for sale
    • USA, West Palm Beach, FL, 33405, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/TropicalAcresFarms
Re: Mango Festivals and such.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 11:38:23 PM »
Only festival I'm planning on attending is Fairchild.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk