Author Topic: Wanted: Large Indian variety mango trees, South Florida  (Read 1128 times)

akumarum

• Miami, FL, USA, 10b
    • View Profile
Wanted: Large Indian variety mango trees, South Florida
« on: June 30, 2020, 10:41:10 PM »
Hi, I am interested in buying large Indian variety mango trees (15 gallon or larger) such as Kesar, Neelam, Sonpari, Dusehri, etc. Can you please let me know which nurseries in South Miami may have these trees for sale? Thank you very much. Enjoy the mango season...

canesgirl821

• Now where do I put it?
    • Sunrise, FL, USA 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: Large Indian variety mango trees, South Florida
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 07:04:04 AM »
Hi, I am interested in buying large Indian variety mango trees (15 gallon or larger) such as Kesar, Neelam, Sonpari, Dusehri, etc. Can you please let me know which nurseries in South Miami may have these trees for sale? Thank you very much. Enjoy the mango season...

When I was at Lara Farms a few weeks ago I recall he had Kesar and maybe Sonpari, large bearing trees, not cheap. I’d call and ask him. Good luck.

akumarum

• Miami, FL, USA, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 09:49:56 AM »
Thank you Canesgirl. I called them and found Kesar but no Sonpari. I am trying Excalibur next.

canesgirl821

• Now where do I put it?
    • Sunrise, FL, USA 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 10:25:46 AM »
Thank you Canesgirl. I called them and found Kesar but no Sonpari. I am trying Excalibur next.

My pleasure to assist. Thought you wanted Miami, but if you’re willing to go north, have you checked with Alex? It’s on his list:

https://www.tropicalacresfarms.com/trees-availability

skhan

• United States, Florida, Coral Springs, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Videos of Garden
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 11:03:38 AM »
I have 7 gal Son Pari for $60

Should be ready to step up now.

PM me for details

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 03:28:13 PM »
Try Al's Fruit Trees on 182nd Avenue in Miami.  A word to the wise, the larger the tree the longer it will take to establish and you are inheriting the shape and care it was given (usually not a good thing).  Any real reason you want/need a large tree?

As for variety, your best bet is Mallika, Son Pari or Kesar (all very different) for availability, quality and production in South Florida.
- Rob

akumarum

• Miami, FL, USA, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2020, 05:41:25 PM »
Thank you Mr. Rob. I will go to Al's soon. Mr. Khan, I have sent you a message. Please respond when you get a chance. Thank you both.

canesgirl821

• Now where do I put it?
    • Sunrise, FL, USA 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2020, 08:25:25 PM »
Thank you Mr. Rob. I will go to Al's soon. Mr. Khan, I have sent you a message. Please respond when you get a chance. Thank you both.

I’ve sourced 4 trees from Sayyid; Mamey sapote, Super Hass Avocado, papaya and Barbados cherry (which just started to bloom  ;D). Always happy with his plants and pricing. If I had a place for it, I’d grab that Son Parí in a minute.