Author Topic: Yellowing on the edge of atemoya leaves  (Read 1467 times)

sosamo

• San Gabriel Valley, CA
    • View Profile
Yellowing on the edge of atemoya leaves
« on: September 15, 2019, 09:31:18 PM »
Hi, one of my atemoya trees, the leaves has yellowing around the edges. Too much, too little water?  Missing nutrients?

I used a moisture tester, and it looks good.

Oolie

• San Diego
    • View Profile
Re: Yellowing on the edge of atemoya leaves
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 09:40:56 PM »
Hey

I can’t see any close up of the leaves, take a look at this resource and then another look at your leaves to see if you can diagnose the problem, it may be just needing a mineral supplement to rebalance despite inherent soil condition http://era.daf.qld.gov.au/id/eprint/1653/6/5probcus.pdf

I found this resource a while back on this forum and saved it, think it’s something every Annona grower should keep in their personal library.

-joep450

Page 4.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 09:43:44 PM by Oolie »

sosamo

• San Gabriel Valley, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 11:20:11 PM »
Hey

I can’t see any close up of the leaves, take a look at this resource and then another look at your leaves to see if you can diagnose the problem, it may be just needing a mineral supplement to rebalance despite inherent soil condition http://era.daf.qld.gov.au/id/eprint/1653/6/5probcus.pdf

I found this resource a while back on this forum and saved it, think it’s something every Annona grower should keep in their personal library.

-joep450

Page 4.

Thanks for the info.  I think it maybe be lacking potassium.  I don't  think it baron toxicity.   I am getting some potash in the mail soon. Will try .

Oolie

• San Diego
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 11:39:57 PM »
If you are irrigating with municipal water, do consider the high pH that your soil will soon have. Potash will exacerbate this and cause a suite of micronutrient deficiencies. I would start by testing your soil pH before applying potash, and if above 8, I would strongly consider acidifying sources of potassium.

sosamo

• San Gabriel Valley, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 12:10:55 AM »
If you are irrigating with municipal water, do consider the high pH that your soil will soon have. Potash will exacerbate this and cause a suite of micronutrient deficiencies. I would start by testing your soil pH before applying potash, and if above 8, I would strongly consider acidifying sources of potassium.

True. I am using municipal water...hhmm.  The atemoya tree next to this one looks good. 

Seanny

• Garden Grove, Orange County, California, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 11:42:49 AM »
My trees are dropping old leaves like yours.
There is nothing wrong with your tree.

sosamo

• San Gabriel Valley, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 01:27:49 PM »
My trees are dropping old leaves like yours.
There is nothing wrong with your tree.

That's a relief. Thanks.  I enjoy planting and collecting tropical fruit trees, even gardening. But man, it's very stressful.

Seanny

• Garden Grove, Orange County, California, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2019, 01:36:34 AM »
One of my trees with fruits is showing severe problem.
Most likely potassium deficiency.

Have you added potassium? How are those leaves looking?

sosamo

• San Gabriel Valley, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2019, 12:33:24 PM »
I add some Potash. Not alot.  It looks the same. I think it's just natural dropping some leaves.  My fruits are drying up, and dropping also. I think it's just natural thinning since I only put it in the ground 6 months ago. I am just hoping for the best. Doesn't look sad my new planted longon tree.