Author Topic: Looking for info or help on getting "King" and "Imperial concubine's lychees  (Read 5256 times)

marklee

• Chula Vista, California Zone 24 or 10b
    • View Profile
Hi,
Looking for some lychee varieties that produce very large fruit, size of chicken and goose eggs. I just can't make it to the special provinces in China to get some airlayers.

Thanks,

Mark
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 11:19:27 PM by marklee »

adiel

• Zone 10b Miami FL
    • View Profile
Mark, check out this post.  These guys are doing a group buy from China for Myrica rubra.  I dont know if its too late to add something to the order.  Also you would have to check if they are willing to add Lychee since that was not the original item being ordered.  Just my 2 cents.

Myrica Rubra Group Order
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 09:43:59 AM by adiel »
Adiel

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Check your state guidelines before bringing a lychee into the country.   Florida requires a two year quarantine period.

edited to again, correct typos from a "smart phone".
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 09:38:56 AM by bsbullie »
- Rob

marklee

• View Profile
Check your state vuidelines before bringing a lychee into the country.   Florida requires a twoyear quarantine period.
California requires a one year quarantine from Thailand, Vietnam, probably the same from China.

Ethan

• Central California Z9/9
    • View Profile
Did you try Dr. Zee yet?

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
Did you try Dr. Zee yet?
[/quo

He didn't have it last time i talked to him. But that was some time ago, and would be good to ask him again.
Oscar

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Hey marklee, let me know if you are able to get these varieties. I'm very interested in them and would be willing to chip in on shipping and handling costs.
Simon

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
I just re read the post title, I think you can get concubines smile from dr z in Hawaii but they can only ship scion material, no more rooted cuttings. Have you tried sweet heart lychees? They are large, sweet, fragrant, produce well here in California and have mostly chicken tongue seeds.
Simon

marklee

• View Profile
I just re read the post title, I think you can get concubines smile from dr z in Hawaii but they can only ship scion material, no more rooted cuttings. Have you tried sweet heart lychees? They are large, sweet, fragrant, produce well here in California and have mostly chicken tongue seeds.
Simon
Simon,

Yeah I have "Sweetheart", There is a "King lychee" that is from China and to get airlayers it would take a huge order, and I wouldn't even be sure it would come from a tree with the huge fruit. Someone would have to get over there and make sure it comes from a good tree. Anyway, I'll keep you up to date on my progress and if you have any ideas let me or Quang know. Thanks

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
Simon
Simon,

Yeah I have "Sweetheart", There is a "King lychee" that is from China and to get airlayers it would take a huge order, and I wouldn't even be sure it would come from a tree with the huge fruit. Someone would have to get over there and make sure it comes from a good tree. Anyway, I'll keep you up to date on my progress and if you have any ideas let me or Quang know. Thanks

I think by King Lychee you probably mean Emperor lychee? It is called Chakapat in Thailand. It's already in USA. We have it in Hawaii. So you shouldn't have too much difficulty getting that one, except that Hawaii cannot send lychee plants directly to Florida. I bet some of the Florida nurseries already have it. Ask for it by name Emperor lychee.
Oscar

marklee

• View Profile
Simon
Simon,

I think by King Lychee you probably mean Emperor lychee? It is called Chakapat in Thailand. It's already in USA. We have it in Hawaii. So you shouldn't have too much difficulty getting that one, except that Hawaii cannot send lychee plants directly to Florida. I bet some of the Florida nurseries already have it. Ask for it by name Emperor lychee.
Oscar, I have the Emperor lychee. I am in California, and can get most varieties. There is one that produces some goose egg sized fruits, I have to track down the photos. Anyway, it comes from a province in China, but of course difficult to acquire. Thanks, Mark

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
Hey marklee, let me know if you are able to get these varieties. I'm very interested in them and would be willing to chip in on shipping and handling costs.
Simon
Simon, if you're going to request from Dr. Zee again I'd like to get some things too.

Where else can we get lychees from china? Jason nursery said he could send me as few as 10 but I don't really want to take care of all of them for a year. I guess the difference between lychee and M. rubra is you can't do a large group buy here because you wouldn't want to have to care of all the plants during quarantine.

marklee

• View Profile
Simon
Simon, if you're going to request from Dr. Zee again I'd like to get some things too.

Where else can we get lychees from china? Jason nursery said he could send me as few as 10 but I don't really want to take care of all of them for a year. I guess the difference between lychee and M. rubra is you can't do a large group buy here because you wouldn't want to have to care of all the plants during quarantine.
Fyliu, I was looking to get a huge order of airlayers from China, I just need to make sure they are quality producers. Let me know what varieties you have access to. I have the proper import papers. Mark
Simon

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
Simon

Fyliu, you could probably set it up so a registered nursery could take care of your plants during the quarantine. Ofcourse they would charge you, or maybe you could do a trade for some of the plants?
Oscar

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk