Author Topic: Good sized cactus fruits besides Pitaya, Prickly Pear and Columnar  (Read 876 times)

JoaoBrazao

• Portugal, Madeira Island
    • View Profile
I wanted to know a few more varieties, except small ones, or ones that don't yield much. If you know about some good books on the matter i'd appreciate as well.

Organic Cavalry

• Claremont
    • View Profile
Re: Good sized cactus fruits besides Pitaya, Prickly Pear and Columnar
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 12:09:46 PM »
My Puruvian Apple makes kiwi size fruit... look like dragon fruit, taste sweeter, and produce like crazy! Gorgeous flowers. I'll post pictures later.

JoaoBrazao

• Portugal, Madeira Island
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 12:12:47 PM »
Those are the Columnar ones... Do you know about anything else beyond the ones I mentioned?

Organic Cavalry

• Claremont
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 01:49:24 PM »
Good luck

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 04:00:47 PM »
I purchased some fruiting cacti arms at the CRFG meeting this year. There was a "blueberry" cactus, "raspberry" cactus", and a hybrid "raspberry / plum" cactus. The blueberry is quite unique and makes a small blueberry sized fruit that has a taste of raisin, the raspberry is a very small prickly pear that is spherical and quite tasty, the raspberry/plum I haven't had fruit from, but appears the same as the raspberry just a bit lighter color, and I also purchased one of the peruvian apple as well, but also haven't had fruit. Hopefully that is enough information to chase them down.

They are rooting now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk