Author Topic: Faris Lemon  (Read 3008 times)

nicky116

• USA,NY,Huntington,Zone 7
    • View Profile
Faris Lemon
« on: January 12, 2015, 08:27:01 PM »
Has anyone grown the Faris Lemon? It is reportedly less acidic than the standard Eureka variety.

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Re: Faris Lemon
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 06:56:06 PM »
mocly. Thanks for posting about the Faris lemon. I have never heard of this lemon until your post.  I looked it up on the UCR Variety Collection's web page.  Their description of the Faris lemon was so interesting I copied the description and pasted it below. - Millet

Ottillia 'Toots' Bier is credited with bringing the unique characteristics about this accession to our attention. The tree bears typical lemon-shaped fruits, however some will be of normal acid levels, some will be of intermediate or sub-acid levels, and some will be completely acidless----all of these fruit types will be on the same tree and can appear on the same branch. Similarly, the tree will bear both pink and completely white flowers. New vegetative growth can be dark purple to bright green, and I have also witnessed green with purple veins (see above photo). When the tree is pruned there is no telling what type of fruit will be produced from the new branches.

Pancrazio

• Off Tropic
  • Florence, Italy, USDA 8
    • Growing fruits in Florence, and Pratovecchio, Italy
    • View Profile
    • FruttAma.it
Re: Faris Lemon
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 05:54:37 PM »
Cool. Looks like a chimaera. Just not a pigmentation one.
Italian fruit forum

I want to buy/trade central asia apricots. Contact me in PM if interested.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk