Author Topic: Zone 9A tropical fruit recommendation  (Read 3760 times)

giorgosgr.

• Attika, Greece zone 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Zone 9A tropical fruit recommendation
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2020, 04:40:09 AM »
We definitely don't get that much snowfall. In fact, of there's any snow during winter, that's considered an unusual event. The mountains around are covered with snow though and ground frost is very common all winter and can extend into early April. But it's really strange to me that you get so much snowfall so far down south. How low do your nighttime temperatures get during winter?

The winter here lasts only from January till the end of February. Because my farm is at an altitude of 400m and higher than the surroundings i get no radiation frost in the mornings. Temps usually are bellow 5°C with maybe 20 days bellow 0, but usually the limit is -2°C only for a few hours. The problem is that during the winter day temps dont exceed 6°C usually. with last winter for 3 days in a row max temp being 0.5°C

nexxogen

• Bar, Montenegro
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2020, 02:48:05 PM »
We definitely don't get that much snowfall. In fact, of there's any snow during winter, that's considered an unusual event. The mountains around are covered with snow though and ground frost is very common all winter and can extend into early April. But it's really strange to me that you get so much snowfall so far down south. How low do your nighttime temperatures get during winter?

The winter here lasts only from January till the end of February. Because my farm is at an altitude of 400m and higher than the surroundings i get no radiation frost in the mornings. Temps usually are bellow 5°C with maybe 20 days bellow 0, but usually the limit is -2°C only for a few hours. The problem is that during the winter day temps dont exceed 6°C usually. with last winter for 3 days in a row max temp being 0.5°C

I guess overall that would still count as being a warmer climate than mine. But then again, I don't believe we have 20 days below zero, but I think that our freezing temperatures can extend for more than just a few hours.

Rauf

• Azerbaijan, Apsheron, Baku, 8b-9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2020, 06:23:58 AM »
Hi. I live in Baku, zone 9a. I'd add cherimoya to this list

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2020, 08:08:19 AM »
https://bib.irb.hr/datoteka/824727.Nimac_PercecTadic_GEOMLA2016.pdf

I am a fan of the Koppen climate classification system as he zonal is a bi one dimensional. I is more universal and a bit like the metric version.

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2020, 08:09:36 AM »
't' dropped out above there sorry.