Author Topic: Best Soursop I ever enjoyed! Video  (Read 10288 times)

ggpalms

• Pepe's Fruit Trees
  • Eat more fruit! Plant a tree!!
    • Davie, Florida USA
    • View Profile
    • Pepe's Fruit Trees
Best Soursop I ever enjoyed! Video
« on: June 22, 2012, 11:09:11 PM »
A few days ago I had the pleasure of meeting a beautiful retired couple in Lakeworth.

They are truly nuts about Soursop and have several trees. All of the trees are seed grown. Some trees are just three years old and have produced delicious fruit. Well, I really got excited and posted a video of my encounter with an amazing delicious soursop shake. No added sugar really!

I don't know why but I sounded like I was stoned on the video. Trust me I was not!! I was tired like hell and sounded weird. Or maybe I always sound that way. Who knows? :o I think after drinking three large glasses of Soursop it really made me mellow out!

http://youtu.be/nwrsBqFoEw4

http://youtu.be/702R3PXwO1E
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 11:37:40 PM by ggpalms »

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
Re: Best Soursop I ever enjoyed!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 11:37:55 PM »
seeing soursop trees and eating the fruits in FL, can cause an intense high...it makes me' feel like I'm on vacation...somewhere I can't afford to travel, tasting some amazing fruit for the first and maybe final time.

I'm sure I'd sound like a reefer addict if it was me in the same situation!

thanks for posting!
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

ggpalms

• Pepe's Fruit Trees
    • Davie, Florida USA
    • View Profile
    • Pepe's Fruit Trees
Re: Best Soursop I ever enjoyed! Video
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 11:50:59 PM »
Dear ASaffron,

Glad you like my post.
I walked around that property and chatted for about two hours and kept drinking Soursop.
I think that fruit needs to be tested cause it is some potent stuff!

My friends from Jamaica always said it was intensely relaxing and good for your health in many ways. I have had the shakes before from supermarket frozen pulp and nothing like this. No comparison!!

Peace!
Jason "Pepe"

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 11:59:10 PM »
GGpalms, 

How do I get me a scion of this "sweet bertha" soursop???

Or a grafted tree?

please please please please please

Dude man Bro Man, are these fruits always this dark??? the color is like purple!  but doesn't look like its' the fruit getting nasty...it looks like a darn purple soursop!

If so, I'd think they'd imply  something about the amazing color of this fruit in the cultivar name...but I'm making a bunch of assumptions...

« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 12:02:21 AM by ASaffron »
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

Tropicalgrower89

• Zone 11a, Florida
    • Pembroke Pines, FL, 33024, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 12:07:46 AM »
Nice! I'm looking forward to my soursop tree giving fruits.  :)
Alexi

ggpalms

• Pepe's Fruit Trees
    • Davie, Florida USA
    • View Profile
    • Pepe's Fruit Trees
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 12:10:57 AM »
That Sweet Bertha is very ripe but firm and tasty. It starts green and the grower in Lakeworth lets them get this way before he prepares the jucie or eats them . He gave me that fruit and I took the picture when I got home. He won't part with the scions but I am working on him. A funny fellow he is about the scions. Well the seeds are all planted and I should have about 50 seedlings in a few months. I will work on getting graft wood from him. Will keep you posted.

Jason "Pepe" 

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 12:14:00 AM »
That Sweet Bertha is very ripe but firm and tasty. It starts green and the grower in Lakeworth lets them get this way before he prepares the jucie or eats them . He gave me that fruit and I took the picture when I got home. He won't part with the scions but I am working on him. A funny fellow he is about the scions. Well the seeds are all planted and I should have about 50 seedlings in a few months. I will work on getting graft wood from him. Will keep you posted.

Jason "Pepe"

count me in for around 8-10 seedlings, depending on price and size!

thanks!
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 12:43:28 AM »
What is the seed count like per fruit ?  What about the texture, how much "cotton" ?  Please clarify, the fruit does not turn that color as a natural ripening phase, the grower, your friend in Lake Worth, allows them to advance to this color after picking them before juicing ?
- Rob

JF

• North OC California Zone 10B/America Tropical 13A
    • 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 12:47:13 AM »
Hi Pepe

Those are nice fruits and tree. Champola is my favorite tropical sorbet it's absolutely amazing! here are pics of a Guanabana in Yucatan. The trees are all over the place in the urban and rural communities. some of them are 10meters. can someone guess the tree next to it?

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 12:51:07 AM »
is the tree in question , the wretched," no-need" plant?  aka "noni"
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 12:52:49 AM by ASaffron »
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

JF

• North OC California Zone 10B/America Tropical 13A
    • 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 01:01:04 AM »
is the tree in question , the wretched," no-need" plant?  aka "noni"

yeap

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 01:32:27 AM »
Those are nice fruits and tree. Champola is my favorite tropical sorbet it's absolutely amazing! here are pics of a Guanabana in Yucatan. The trees are all over the place in the urban and rural communities. some of them are 10meters. can someone guess the tree next to it?

Only 3 days ago, I learned to like Guanabana ( At least in a shake ),  I tried it back in the 1976 when i was a kid, and I didn't care for it, so I have since then avoided it all my life. My wife made a  Guanabana shake,  she also called it Champola, and insisted I try it.  I decided to give it another try, and well, I liked it, it was pretty darn good.

Weird thing about all this, when I was drinking my shake I was thinking about Pepe, because months ago he was telling me he needed some Guanabana seeds, and I couldn't find any ripe fruit before my trip to Fla. and what a coincidence, here you are slurpin champola.
William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2012, 03:30:58 AM »
I agree, juiced guanabana is very good. In Mexico they also sell guanabana popsicles and ice cream that is also excellent.
Juiced sugar apple and cherimoya are also excellent. If you juice any of the annonas just be super careful to remove all the seeds. You don't want to drink any ground up seeds. They are toxic. It's real easy to miss one seed and end up eating it. Only problem with juicing those very seedy fruits it that it's a bit of a chore!
Best guanabana i ever had was the Whitman fiberless. Tasted very similar to an excellent cherimoya.
Oscar

ggpalms

• Pepe's Fruit Trees
    • Davie, Florida USA
    • View Profile
    • Pepe's Fruit Trees
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2012, 06:51:22 AM »
Hi TropicDude,

What's going on? How was your Biz trip in the States? Hope all is well. Gonna visit you in the D.R. one day soon.

Take care and swing by next time you are in town.

Hasta Luego Amigo.

Json "Pepe"

The fruit is not purple at maturity it gets that way after several days. I will call the grower and clarify if he stores it in the refrigerator but I think he said it just sits on the counter for a while. This fruit has no fiber at all. The texture is amazing and creamy. Seed count was about 50 seeds. This one weighs about 4-5 lbs.

I was a bit concerned that some gound up seeds in the shake could kill me. How toxic are those seeds. Any stories about people actually really sick or died? I can see how easy it is to miss some seeds as I prepared the pulp for freezing. I got em all!

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 06:58:30 AM »
Hi TropicDude,

What's going on? How was your Biz trip in the States? Hope all is well. Gonna visit you in the D.R. one day soon.

Hasta Luego Amigo.

Json "Pepe"

The fruit is not purple at maturity it gets that way after several days. I will call the grower and clarify if he stores it in the refrigerator but I think he said it just sits on the counter for a while. This fruit has no fiber at all. The texture is amazing and creamy. Seed count was about 50 seeds. This one weighs about 4-5 lbs.

I was a bit concerned that some gound up seeds in the shake could kill me. How toxic are those seeds. Any stories about people actually really sick or died? I can see how easy it is to miss some seeds as I prepared the pulp for freezing. I got em all!

I think you would have to eat a lot of seeds for it to be lethal. But there is some evidence that annonacin has long term residual harmful effects. There was a study linking it with Parkinson's disease. To make sure you get all the seeds out i think it's best to run the pulp through a colander or a wire sieve.
Oscar

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2012, 07:01:50 AM »
Hi TropicDude,

Hasta Luego Amigo.

Json "Pepe"

I think you would have to eat a lot of seeds for it to be lethal. But there is some evidence that annonacin has long term residual harmful effects. There was a study linking it with Parkinson's disease. To make sure you get all the seeds out i think it's best to run the pulp through a colander or a wire sieve.
thats what I do, through a sieve.
- Rob

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2012, 11:06:43 AM »
My wife also used a strainer, helps separate the fiber to.
William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

Boca4Squared

• USA, FL, Boca Raton, Sub-Tropic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 05:50:34 PM »
I'd really like to BUY a soursop fruit down here in South Florida.  I've found the frozen pulp, but I cannot find a fruit.  Any suggestions?

Ethan

• Central California Z9/9
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2013, 07:08:22 PM »
Awesome find Pepe, fruit looks and sounds incredible!  Hopefully he'll allow it to be propagated someday.

Bananimal

• Dan the Bananaman
    • Port St Lucie, Fl zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2013, 12:30:43 AM »
I'd really like to BUY a soursop fruit down here in South Florida.  I've found the frozen pulp, but I cannot find a fruit.  Any suggestions?
Try Asian grocery stores.
Dan

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 08:50:24 PM »
I hear that humans survive ingesting a chewed or ground seed, because humans vomit until all that poison is purged.  I also hear that rats don't have this defense mechanism, and can die from mashed Annona seeds.
Har

ggpalms

• Pepe's Fruit Trees
    • Davie, Florida USA
    • View Profile
    • Pepe's Fruit Trees
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2013, 06:00:51 PM »
Most people have commented that the rats drowned. Especially on my You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ggpalms
Next time I will toss some mango or other fruit in the bucket half filled with water and see what happens. Video coming soon!
We shall see. ;D

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2013, 06:26:34 PM »
I agree. Rats are pretty smart about not eating seeds that are poisonous to them. They wouldn't eat them unless they are masked by grinding them and mixing them with something else they really like. Also i doubt that even if they ate the seeds that the seeds would be instantly lethal. Maybe they got parkinson's from eating the fruit, got very shaky and wobbly, and couldn't get out of the bucket?  ;)
Oscar

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2013, 07:01:18 PM »
good one!
Har

ggpalms

• Pepe's Fruit Trees
    • Davie, Florida USA
    • View Profile
    • Pepe's Fruit Trees
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2013, 07:12:03 PM »
I agree. Rats are pretty smart about not eating seeds that are poisonous to them. They wouldn't eat them unless they are masked by grinding them and mixing them with something else they really like. Also i doubt that even if they ate the seeds that the seeds would be instantly lethal. Maybe they got parkinson's from eating the fruit, got very shaky and wobbly, and couldn't get out of the bucket?  ;)

I just laughed my ass off! Thanks I needed that! Shaky and wobbly oh my!! ;)
Peace.
Jason "Pepe"

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2013, 07:36:13 PM »
After eating soursop even if it doesn't kill the rats, with all that annonacin in them fruits they will have to use a walker for the rest of their lives! Poor things.
Oscar

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk