Author Topic: J33 Jackfruit vs Amber Jack  (Read 1832 times)

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
J33 Jackfruit vs Amber Jack
« on: November 22, 2019, 03:47:10 AM »
I have tried a lot of jackfruit varieties and I know what I like.Very low latex,low rag and a great taste is what distinguishes the good from the great.

My J33 has been smashing it lately.Luscious low latex fruit of suburb quality.Fruit appreciating chums have raved about the samples I have offered them..How would J33 the pride of Malaysia fair in open competition with Amber? They are both low rag and low latex with a great flavour.Well sampled together by seasoned and novice campaigners all becomes clear.

Even a jackfruit green horn agreed that Amber shades J33 for taste by a feather but they taste different.Both could be cleaned freestyle without gloves as latex was low and J33 has edible rag.

Amber wins this showdown.

Raulglezruiz

• Puerto Vallarta,Mexico. Lat 21.5 Semi Tropical
    • View Profile
Re: J33 Jackfruit vs Amber Jack
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 04:54:12 PM »
Mike received seeds from you labeled as Tekam Yellow looking on the web is also call J33 in some Thailand websites, your Tekam yellow would you say is same as J33? By the way is growing fast! Already flower maybe next year would set fruit
El verde es vida!

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 09:02:27 PM »
Heya Raul, I hope all is good with you.Yes, Tekam yellow is the same as J33.They fruit very fast from seed. The trees are quite upright and small leafed and are ranked very highly with jackfruit enthusiasts.

Ulfr

• Brisbane Australia
    • View Profile
    • Practical Primate
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 09:53:12 PM »
Heya Raul, I hope all is good with you.Yes, Tekam yellow is the same as J33.They fruit very fast from seed. The trees are quite upright and small leafed and are ranked very highly with jackfruit enthusiasts.

I have a 1yr old from Steve/you that is growing well and now that you mention it, definately has small leaves. Also much hairier and seemingly for longer than the regular seedling (black gold types) around here.

Elijah

• United States, California, San Diego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2023, 12:11:47 PM »
Does anyone grow either J33 or Amber in U.S or know where to buy the tree?