Author Topic: Mango Tasting 6/5/2015  (Read 8323 times)

HMHausman

• Mod Emeritus
    • USA, Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
    • Pines Ticket Defense, LLC
Re: Mango Tasting 6/5/2015
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2015, 08:36:28 PM »
We always have a palate cleanser available.  It might not always be  Cheeze its, but  whatever it is, it will have enough salt in it to allow for continued mango flavor sensitivity.

Obviously I was joking.
Actually, I found the opposite. Snacking on salty crackers between different mangoes took away from sense sensation fiesta, and introduced mundane interference, so I won't do it again. Whatever works for every individual. :)

That is exactly the point and the purpose of the salty interlude......to take away the senses that the mangoes cause.  I find that after a few different mangoes (like 20 or so) the flavors start to run together and some of the nuances of the flavor profiles are no longer perceptible.  The salty interlude clears and re-sets the palate and allows me, at least, to again appreciate some of the under-occurring flavors. 
Harry
Fort Lauderdale, FL 
USA

jc

• Treasure Coast, Florida, 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Mango Tasting 6/5/2015
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2015, 12:13:35 AM »
In this case, I knew the answer before I asked it, but trial prep never hurts.

Harry, can we bring fruit to the tasting table?  I'm sure i dont have anything different, I'm just curious how fruits grown along the coast in Martin County compare to those grown in western Broward.

Are you seriously asking if you can bring more fruit to the table?  LOL.......you know it is a more the merrier rule.  Bring it on!
JC