Poll

Should there be a container grower Greenhouse section???

Yes
10 (52.6%)
No
4 (21.1%)
Maybe
5 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Do you think there should be a Container Growers Greenhouse section???  (Read 800 times)

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
 I think so :)

« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 02:55:43 PM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
I think so :)

Personally, no. Container growing in a greenhouse is not unlike container growing in Florida open air.

Now, a greenhouse section in general? That's probably worthwhile since so many people are zone pushing on here and the discussion of builds, cooling, heating, etc is a common subject in the tropical fruit discussion section. While researching greenhouses, some of the best information came from this forum.

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
Id vote for greenhouse over container, given a choice.  I think greenhouse growing, building, maintaining are significantly different from outdoors in-ground

Pandan

• Southeast USA
    • View Profile
A general greenhouse section would be better but ofcourse you could also include a container section in that sub-forum.

Oncorhynchus

• SW Florida, 9B
    • View Profile
I’d be very wary of subdividing the forum too much, especially by pulling lower interest topics from the main discussion or this will end up like the terrible banana forum where it’s really hard to find anything and you waste a bunch of time going between different sub forums and various topics end up getting neglected.  It might be worth giving higher interest topics (ie. mangoes) their own space to help highlight some of the other topics, but there is enough overlap in members and information that it’s probably not worth while and may do more harm than good.

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Less is more...
- Rob

W.

• United States, Alabama, 7b
    • View Profile
No, I do not believe there should be additional sections on the forum, even one on container growing and greenhouses that I would be very interested in. It is already hard enough getting everything sorted into the categories we currently have. We have a Citrus section, but half the time Citrus posts end up in Tropical Fruit Discussion. The same thing sometimes happens with the Temperate posts.

TomekK

• In search of Theobromas
    • Vienna, Virginia Zone 7a
    • View Profile
A greenhouse section would be good to compile all the information in one place, so when someone new to greenhouses tries to figure out what to do, there is no need to use the often-clumsy search function.

I understand all the arguments about not wanting to subdivide the forum too much, but I think that at least a greenhouse section would be a good addition (to compile all info in one place). If I have to choose one of the two new sections up for debate, I’d choose the greenhouse sub over ultra tropical.

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
btw, I think the Citrus section exists specifically because there was another dedicated Citrus Forum that Millet & Laaz administered, but the hosting provider died so they found a new home here and invited everybody from it.  That's how I found this forum.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk