Author Topic: Azoxystrobin 22.9% Heritage and Phyton 35  (Read 1280 times)

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Azoxystrobin 22.9% Heritage and Phyton 35
« on: April 23, 2021, 07:07:33 PM »
Since I had the day off and actually had access to a laptop instead of a small cellular phone I decided to study fungicides.Here are some of the active ingredients and some of the most popular brands
Azoxystrobin. Chlorothalonil  Copper Sulfate Pentahydrate

I started by making a list of fungicides for anthracnose in stone fruit. I came up with a list of Phyron35.  Abound
Amistad . Brovo. Daconil

After studying the active ingredients and how they work. I came to the conclusion that I like Abound but it's a little expensive. Now there are generic alternatives that have the same active ingredient Azoxystrobin 22.9 but don't list all the fruit trees that abound does on their labels as Abound. Abound  seems to list anthracnose more often and list mangoes soursop and guava  Phyton35 only list things like dogwood Bougainvillea Palm strawberries blackberries and tomatoes does not mention avocado Citrus or mango. Could just be poor marketing

Azoxystrobin is a systemic fungicide used for the protection of plants and crops from harmful fungal diseases. Azoxystrobin is part of a class of chemicals known as ß-methoxyacrylates, which are derived from the naturally-occurring compounds and are used mostly in agricultural settings. At this time, Azoxystrobin is the only fungicide with the ability to offer protection against the four major types of plant fungi.

Azoxystrobin was first discovered in the midst of research being conducted on fungal mushrooms commonly found in the forests of Europe. These small mushrooms fascinated scientists due to their strong ability to defend themselves.

It was found that the defense mechanism of the mushrooms were based on the secretion of two substances, strobilurin A and oudemansin A. These substances gave the fungi the ability to keep their competitors at bay and kill them when in range. Observations of this mechanism led to research that resulted in the development of Azoxystrobin fungicide

This is my first day of really studying this but I do see they say that FRAC group 11 fungicides have a risk of resistance developing and should be tank mixed with a low-risk protective but I do not know if that's true for Abound. Any assistance or input would be extremely appreciate it.  :)

Azoxystrobin 22.9

https://www.pestrong.com/550-azoxy-2sc-select-heritage-fungicide-pt-gal.html

A-Zox 25SC fungicide offers optimal disease control to help turfgrass, corn, potato, soybean and vegetable growers, among others, to maximize return on investment. It is broad-spectrum and provides complete plant protection with its xylem-mobile systemic activity

https://chemicalwarehouse.com/products/abound-fungicide?gclid=Cj0KCQjw4ImEBhDFARIsAGOTMj8w_1VmYhymlJGs2WK0I_fpK9kBiwnYoYn0bJzZ3isD5AWCIVLbmiYaAoZ3EALw_wcB

Azoxystrobin and soil interactions
I can only find two articles on this subject

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=abound+fungicide+soil+interactions&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart#d=gs_qabs&u=%23p%3DOVeRs1mGFr4J

aerobic and anaerobic soil metabolism studies in the laboratory, a half-life of 72 to 164 days was obtained, indicating a moderate degree of persistence. However, in field studies, azoxystrobin is degraded quite rapidly in soils with a half-life of 1 to 5 weeks. Both photodegradation and, to a lesser degree, microbial metabolism are involved in its dissipation since the compound is relatively stable to hydrolysis. The half-life for photolysis in soils is in the range of 11 to 15 days depending on nature of the soil, azoxystrobin has a low to moderate potential for mobility in soil, but little movement down the soil profile was seen in field studies

« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 12:16:58 AM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Azoxystrobin 22.9% generic alternatives to Abound
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 12:51:05 PM »
https://www.domyown.com/compare

From what I read and what I realized this type of fungicide should be used very sparingly in rotation with others. From the knowledge I've gained so far I think I would use something like this in the springtime as a Curative then switch to Phyton 35 during the rainy.
The search engine on this form was a starting point but it's kind of like reading alphabet soup.Lol

Heritage SC
Comes in a smaller quantity and more reasonably priced then abound. It's one of the few Alternatives that list fruit and nut trees Vines vegetables and Herb plants on the label. I am not making any recommendations just sharing my observations so far
It has about the same mixing ratio as Plant Doctor organocide 2 teaspoons per gallon of water

https://www.sunspotsupply.com/heritage-sc-fungicide.html

TABLE 23: Specific Use Directions for Stone Fruit
Crop Target Diseases
Use Rate
fl oz
product
per acre
(lb ai/A)
Use Rate
fl oz
product/
1,000 sq ft Application Instructions
Stone Fruit
Apricot
Cherry, sweet
Cherry, tart
Nectarine
Peach
Plum
Plumcot
Prune
Alternaria spot and
fruit rot
(Alternaria alternata)
Anthracnose
(Colletotrichum
 prunicola,
 C. gloeosporioides)
Leaf rust
(Tranzschelia
discolor)
Powdery mildew
(Sphaerotheca
 pannosa,
 Podosphaera
 clandestina)
Scab
(Cladosporium
 carpophilum)
Shot hole
(Wilsonomyces
 carpophilus)
6.0-15.5
(0.10-0.25)
0.14-0.36 Follow the resistance management guidelines in the Resistance
Management section. Do not
apply more than two sequential
applications of Heritage SC or
other Group 11 fungicides before
alternation with a fungicide that
is not in Group 11.

For peaches only, 5-8 fl oz of
Heritage SC may be used for scab
control.

Specific Use Restrictions:
• Do not apply more than 1.5 lb ai/A per year of az

Very informative  article
https://pnwhandbooks.org/plantdisease/pesticide-articles/fungicides-disease-management-home-landscape
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 03:38:36 PM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 10:33:00 AM »
I just received this abound alternative heritage sc fungicide.
I've been told that I am among the first to receive this commercial quality Fungicide in small volume quantities.
I will put this in my Arsenal and use it very sparingly. But I must say that Plant doctor organocide has worked on my very anthracnose prone dot mango tree. I started early in the spring with bi-weekly treatments.  At first I was impatient and didn't see results but it had a cumulative effect and has cleaned up my DOT mango tree nicely.  I have stopped since rainy season and it still looks very clean.

https://www.sunspotsupply.com/sample-category/fungicides/contact-fungicides/heritage-sc-fungicide-5.html

« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 12:27:31 PM by bovine421 »

weiss613

• Miami
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2021, 04:22:14 PM »
About 4 years ago I went to a lecture at Fairchild tropical gardens by Dr. McMillan a real old guy who is a plant pathologist PhD and the lecture was about the best treatment for mango trees to prevent anthracnose and basically so they have pretty fruit. He said an awful lot of combinations of chemicals were tested and the number one treatment to prevent anthracnose on mangoes was Abound and Nu- film 17. so every year since I try to time my first spray right before the first variety blooms then I do it again one month later and stop. The label says don’t use more than two consecutive sprays. The rest of the season my sprays are Horticultural oil which is 98% mineral oil. This year I used up my 1 gal container of abound and when I went to get more at Howard chemical in Homestead they suggested the exact same thing with a 2.5 gal container and way way lower price than Abound and it is the exact same  chemical and strength. I use 15 ounces per 100 gallon spray of the Azoxystrobin? Spelling and 16 ounces of Nu-film 17. With this technique I’m very very happy with the appearance of my fruit if you visited me you would see I’m not exaggerating and I also feel better because by February I stop putting systemic chemicals into my trees and fruit. PS I only spray the 98% mineral oil to control scale but it does work on fungus too. PSS man o man do I hate suiting and masking up and spraying.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 04:30:15 PM by weiss613 »

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 09:21:10 PM »
Thanks for sharing weiss613
Since I will only be treating 4 trees. I may wait till first sign of Bloom before they open to treat with the first dose. Then wait until after fruit set for the second. Then monitor the situation until maybe May.Then apply Phyton35  a couple of times before rainy season.
I am curious what's going on with your coconut cream mangoes. Are you having issues with warm winter bloom.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 10:55:27 PM by bovine421 »

weiss613

• Miami
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2021, 10:19:57 PM »
My coconut creams are healthy looking but in 5 years 3 of the 4 never produced fruit. The 4th about 12-15 feet tall made 2 fruit this season. I topped 3 to convert.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2021, 11:10:12 PM »
My coconut creams are healthy looking but in 5 years 3 of the 4 never produced fruit. The 4th about 12-15 feet tall made 2 fruit this season. I topped 3 to convert.
Dagnabbit! I just planted one. I guess I better do a weissy :) and plant a Karen Michelle next to it. To hedge my bet. I definitely tasted coconut in the Karen Michelle I got from Alex.

weiss613

• Miami
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2021, 11:30:40 PM »
Your Coconut Cream tree is in a different environment than mine and hopefully your experience will be great.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2021, 12:03:21 AM »
I just received this abound alternative heritage sc fungicide.
I've been told that I am among the first to receive this commercial quality Fungicide in small volume quantities.
I will put this in my Arsenal and use it very sparingly. But I must say that Plant doctor organocide has worked on my very anthracnose prone dot mango tree. I started early in the spring with bi-weekly treatments.  At first I was impatient and didn't see results but it had a cumulative effect and has cleaned up my DOT mango tree nicely.  I have stopped since rainy season and it still looks very clean.

https://www.sunspotsupply.com/sample-category/fungicides/contact-fungicides/heritage-sc-fungicide-5.html

Just received this today. Did not realize it came from Royal Palm Beach Florida

https://youtu.be/Kuz8vNG1JsA
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 12:06:48 AM by bovine421 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk