Author Topic: Caramboa uses  (Read 1506 times)

gnappi

• South East Florida (U.S.A) Zone 10A
    • View Profile
Caramboa uses
« on: August 12, 2014, 07:06:03 PM »
OK, so my three carambola have been "fruitful" this year. My co-workers love them, I get free donuts in a specialty bakery just for bringing them in, I developed a carambola curry chicken over rice dish, use it on fish, AND make a wonderful juice from them!!!

When I planted three carambola with the aim of picking the best and pulling the rest, I find I like them all, some years some cultivars are better.

I'm always on the lookout for ideas on dishes, anyone else have something to share?

Regards,

Gary

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Caramboa uses
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 07:57:09 PM »
Carambola upside down cak, dehydrated,  and of course, wine.
- Rob

HMHausman

• Mod Emeritus
    • USA, Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
    • Pines Ticket Defense, LLC
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 09:09:20 PM »
Great wine, good dehydrated and the fruits from cooler seasons are sweeter than the warmer season fruits.  At least at my house that is true.  I think we have had this argument before on the forum......and at Jeff's (Cookie Monster) he finds the warmer season fruit sweeter.
Harry
Fort Lauderdale, FL 
USA

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 09:32:53 PM »
Great wine, good dehydrated and the fruits from cooler seasons are sweeter than the warmer season fruits.  At least at my house that is true.  I think we have had this argument before on the forum......and at Jeff's (Cookie Monster) he finds the warmer season fruit sweeter.

I agree with Harry 100%, fruit from cooler season are sweeter and have more flavor.
- Rob

stressbaby

• Fulton, MO, zone 6a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 07:21:10 AM »
gnappi,
PM me if you decide to go for homemade wine.  I've made a few batches and there is a learning curve.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk