Author Topic: walmart and citrus tree's  (Read 3113 times)

luak

• U.S, Arkansas, Eureka Springs,Z7.
    • View Profile
walmart and citrus tree's
« on: June 01, 2014, 12:29:26 PM »
I was in Walmart yesterday deep in the Ozarks,Arkansas and this is what i found Citrus tree's: Red navel, Meyer lemon, Calamondin and a couple more oranges.I just bought the Meyer since i bought several tree's from Harris.
This picture shows my meager collection of citrus and the Meyer i bought for $21.00

Tom

• USA, Alabama,Montgomery, zone 8
    • View Profile
Re: walmart and citrus tree's
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 01:58:06 PM »
Great job luak ! My wife and I enjoyed Eurika Springs a few years ago. We stayed in the old Cresent (?) hotel. They don't build them like that anymore ! We saw the Passion play and my wife enjoyed shopping. Great looking old houses too. Our youngest was attending Kanakuk Kamp and we took the scenic route when we went to pick her up. You've got a great start with the citrus. The Meyer will have thorns that hurt and you need a Xie Shan too ! Tom

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 02:24:35 PM »
I see written on the  container that the Meyer you purchased was grown by Record Buck Farms, a Florida Citrus nursery.  Record Buck Farms generally produces nice quality trees. - Millet

luak

• U.S, Arkansas, Eureka Springs,Z7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 06:34:10 PM »
Thanks Tom, i do have a xie Shan from Harris,a Dream naval, the bigger tree is a Page,it is just starting some new growth with a lot of bloom about 6 years old maybe 7.

Jsvand5

• Ocala FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 09:30:16 PM »
Agree with Millet. I have always had great luck with any tree from Record Buck.

Scott_6B

• North Shore, Massachusetts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 02:42:37 PM »
Record Buck, Brite Leaf, Harris Citrus, and possibly one or two others are the only nurseries currently licensed to ship out of Florida.  Both Brite Leaf and Harris sell to individuals.