Author Topic: Auto-save PM messages?  (Read 1432 times)

LivingParadise

• Florida Keys, Zone 11a
    • View Profile
Auto-save PM messages?
« on: May 18, 2016, 04:00:30 PM »
Sorry, I know this is not about fruit, but this seems to be the fastest forum to get attention about website questions. I would like to suggest that outbox messages be set to auto-save, rather than having to check a box to save the messages you send people.

I didn't even realize that messages I send to people were not being saved anywhere, so when I went to look for them, I was surprised that they are nowhere to be found! :(  Then I saw that there is a little check box on outgoing messages to save them, which I have been missing. To me, this is counter-intuitive, because when one sends an email, it gets saved automatically as Sent. And on other forums I have used, PMs are saved also. I would think that unless one is bumping against their memory limit, most people would want to have a copy of what they send out. I'm not in any danger of using the max space for my account, since I almost never use PM at all in favor of speaking publicly so all can share in the topic at hand, but maybe others feel the same way that it would be nice to have that boxed checked automatically as the default. Not sure if this is difficult to do, but just putting it out there!

Grapebush

• Portugal, Madeira Island, Funchal, 11
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-save PM messages?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 04:18:21 PM »
You can do that in the message panel.
Life is all about learning, but sometimes, the more you learn, the less you seem to know...

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 04:26:56 PM »
My messages => Send a Message => Preferences
and then click to Auto Save all your PM messages.
Oscar

skhan

• United States, Florida, Coral Springs, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Videos of Garden
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 04:39:45 PM »
Same thing happened to me at first but then i went into preferences and changed it

LivingParadise

• Florida Keys, Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 05:22:05 PM »
My messages => Send a Message => Preferences
and then click to Auto Save all your PM messages.

Ahhh... thanks for explaining how!

Anyway, my suggestion is to start the default at SAVING the messages, because I'm assuming most people would prefer that, and it does take a while if you're new to the format to figure out on your own that you've lost messages, and why.

Mango Stein

• Zone 7a
    • Schengen frontier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 10:09:15 PM »
I think this happens to everyone.

LivingParadise, what you are saying is totally logical, saving sent messages should be the default and hopefully they will change this so this won't happen to more people.
Eugenia luschnathiana = CURUIRI.    Talisia esculenta = PITOMBA
I do not recommend people deal with Fruit Lovers, Prisca Mariya or Fernando Malpartida

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk