Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Surinam Cherry Air Layering or Root Cuttings

(1/2) > >>

Robnelms:
Hello.  Has anyone had success with Surinam Cherry cuttings or air layering?  If so, please share advice.  Thanks.

Th3_BrazilianShark:
Few weeks ago I pruned my Barbados cherry and I decided to stick some of the cutting in the same pot. This morning while watering the plant I noticed some green leaves emerging from the cuttings, and to my surprise they had roots! No hormones were used, just straight to the soil.
Take some cuttings of your plants and try it, or, if you ever come to San Diego and have some extra plant to trade, I have a full tray of seedlings that you could have.
Good lucky 🍀

--- Quote from: Robnelms on September 24, 2018, 03:17:17 AM ---Hello.  Has anyone had success with Surinam Cherry cuttings or air layering?  If so, please share advice.  Thanks.

--- End quote ---

Robnelms:

--- Quote from: Th3_BrazilianShark on September 24, 2018, 05:35:09 PM ---Few weeks ago I pruned my Barbados cherry and I decided to stick some of the cutting in the same pot. This morning while watering the plant I noticed some green leaves emerging from the cuttings, and to my surprise they had roots! No hormones were used, just straight to the soil.
Take some cuttings of your plants and try it, or, if you ever come to San Diego and have some extra plant to trade, I have a full tray of seedlings that you could have.
Good lucky 🍀

--- Quote from: Robnelms on September 24, 2018, 03:17:17 AM ---Hello.  Has anyone had success with Surinam Cherry cuttings or air layering?  If so, please share advice.  Thanks.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Did you mean Surinam cherry, as in Eugenia uniflora? or Acerolia?

Th3_BrazilianShark:
Barbados Cherry, but you can do the same with Eugenia Uniflora.

--- Quote from: Robnelms on September 24, 2018, 05:42:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: Th3_BrazilianShark on September 24, 2018, 05:35:09 PM ---Few weeks ago I pruned my Barbados cherry and I decided to stick some of the cutting in the same pot. This morning while watering the plant I noticed some green leaves emerging from the cuttings, and to my surprise they had roots! No hormones were used, just straight to the soil.
Good lucky 🍀

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Robnelms:

--- Quote from: Th3_BrazilianShark on September 25, 2018, 02:32:12 PM ---Barbados Cherry, but you can do the same with Eugenia Uniflora.

--- Quote from: Robnelms on September 24, 2018, 05:42:14 PM ---
Good lucky 🍀

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
OK. I will try it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version