Author Topic: Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Singapore fruits right now?  (Read 1954 times)

Kay

• Taiwan
    • View Profile
Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Singapore fruits right now?
« on: March 20, 2017, 07:00:07 AM »
Here for a few weeks.  Won't be able to get out of the cities much due to work, but so far I am finding almost nothing in KL. Any suggested markets or areas for fruit lovers?  I've been to these places before, and so far am still in KL and for the first time am coming up hugely empty handed with the more tropical style fruits!

arvind

• Malaysia
    • View Profile
Re: Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Singapore fruits right now?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 07:15:04 AM »
Chow kit wet market.Try coming in the end of the year where you will find pulasan ,durian ,mangosteen,duku and many more.Or maybe in june or july where you can still find durian and also local mangoes

OCchris1

• Old Towne Orange, CA 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 01:26:26 AM »
Dang, we were just in KL in January and I forgot to ask where to find the goodies. I will take note. Thanks, Chris
-Chris

ChristineMessner

• ChristineMessner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 10:35:42 PM »
Here for a few weeks.  Won't be able to get out of the cities much due to work, but so far I am finding almost nothing in KL. Any suggested markets or areas for fruit lovers?  I've been to these places before, and so far am still in KL and for the first time am coming up hugely empty handed with the more tropical style fruits!

Kay

• Taiwan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 01:35:50 AM »
KL was a bust, but I didn't Mornington chow kit.  Will in a few days when fly back.

Bangkok much better.

Mangosteen, sapodilla, durian are all here although not common.  Found orangutans once, but crazybexpensice at that market (everything was).

Even found a new, for me, salak type I never had before.  When I post pics would love a possible ID.  They are more red brown, narrower (maybe the season and lack of pollination) and harrier.

The usuals are easy to find like.mango banana melon was apple guavaetc.