Author Topic: wanted:Any online nursery that sells Manilita Mango trees to Texas ?  (Read 1773 times)

8ofGac

• Texas
    • View Profile
would really want to get one before February.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 09:16:43 PM by 8ofGac »

TonyinCC

• Trying to enjoy home grown fruit 12 months a year
    • Cape Coral,FL
    • View Profile
Re: wanted:Any online nursery that sells Manilita Mango trees to Texas ?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 09:25:36 AM »
I think Top Tropicals ships plants to all 50 states. I saw some nice smaller 3 gal plants of that variety there just before Christmas.They looked like 2016 grafted trees that I wouldn't expect to be root bound. They list Mango trees and some other plants as ship-able to California, which has very tight restrictions.
I would guess they ship Mango trees to Texas but call them to find out for sure. Not sure what type of cold temperatures they would go through in shipment this time of year,that might be a risk....

boxturtle

• usa, ca. garden grove Orange County
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 04:55:29 PM »
they are pretty easy to grow buy a box and just stick them in a pot of potting mix you can keep it by a window inside if it's too cold outside

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 11:33:48 PM »
they are pretty easy to grow buy a box and just stick them in a pot of potting mix you can keep it by a window inside if it's too cold outside

Yeah...no, dont think that is a good idea at all.  Unless of course you are just having fun for $hits and giggles like sticking toothpicks in an avocado seed suspended in a glass of water on the kitchen window sill.

Real question is why you are wanting a Manilita at all?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 12:09:37 AM by bsbullie »
- Rob