Author Topic: CCPP  (Read 1900 times)

will2358

• USA, Peachtree City, GA, zone 8a
    • View Profile
CCPP
« on: July 12, 2019, 02:15:35 PM »
Is there a southeast place to order budwood ? I tried the California CCPP and the price was was crazy.
My name is Cindy

Bomand

• LouisianaCFDFMY
    • View Profile
Re: CCPP
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 03:23:31 PM »
No. You have to be a registered grower to get budwood from Texas and when its all said and done the price is higher than ccpp. I paid $600.00 for ccpp wood this year...$2.50 per budeye..........😥.

pinkturtle

• LA county, CA Zone 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 03:49:36 PM »
No. You have to be a registered grower to get budwood from Texas and when its all said and done the price is higher than ccpp. I paid $600.00 for ccpp wood this year...$2.50 per budeye..........😥.

Bomand,  move to California, only $1.5 per bud.  ;)

Bomand

• LouisianaCFDFMY
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 04:07:34 PM »
That would make it lighter on the wallet but......I am not sure a Southern Gentleman such as myself could survive there. Daughter lives in Inland Empire an wants to get out badly. Property taxes are making them crazy.😂

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 04:33:44 PM »
But once people move out, it's pretty hard to move back in. Inland Empire home prices should still be affordable compared to LA County.

Bomand

• LouisianaCFDFMY
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 04:42:31 PM »
I don't know. She lives in Beaumont. Pays $2250.00 house note per month. $3000.00 per annum property taxes. House only has 1235 square feet in it. Thats pretty steep to a SG like me. She tells me I would like the weather but.......

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 04:46:04 PM »
As pinkturtle wrote.  CCPP bud wood is relatively inexpensive if you live in California, if not the price goes way up.

will2358

• USA, Peachtree City, GA, zone 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 06:05:22 PM »
I know! I put in an order a couple years ago and when the total came up I almost peed on myself. They were nice enough to cancel for me and explain that the price was for Cal residents only, which I don't understand. Why not sell to everyone at the same price with a difference in shipping.
My name is Cindy

pinkturtle

• LA county, CA Zone 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 07:02:18 PM »
I don't know. She lives in Beaumont. Pays $2250.00 house note per month. $3000.00 per annum property taxes. House only has 1235 square feet in it. Thats pretty steep to a SG like me. She tells me I would like the weather but.......

The house pricing in California is so ridiculous right now.  You cannot buy a house for 1/2 mil in LA county.  Even though I like to weather like here, nice and sunny.  I won't live here when I am retired.  My sister-in-law live in Oregon, her house with 3 big bedrooms and a large liveroom with over 1800SF only for 75K, and the lot is over 1 acre, but she cannot plant any of the fruit tree that I plant her due to the snow weather. 
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 07:03:51 PM by pinkturtle »

Bomand

• LouisianaCFDFMY
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2019, 07:17:10 PM »
Thats a good question. I do not know the answer. I know this: The price of budwood, the scarcity and the unavailable varities will cause normally law biding folks to pirate budwood, defeating the purpose of the certified budwood program which is to stop the spread of HLB. I realize that everything is costly....but California is out of the ball park.

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2019, 12:44:44 PM »

The house pricing in California is so ridiculous right now.  You cannot buy a house for 1/2 mil in LA county.  Even though I like to weather like here, nice and sunny.  I won't live here when I am retired.  My sister-in-law live in Oregon, her house with 3 big bedrooms and a large liveroom with over 1800SF only for 75K, and the lot is over 1 acre, but she cannot plant any of the fruit tree that I plant her due to the snow weather.
Wow that's cheap. Mine is about double Bomand's sister's property tax, same mortgage and house size, 1/5 acre lot. I'm close to "the beautiful downtown Burbank" with crazy Armenian drivers that don't stop for pedestrians or even for red light.