Temperate Fruit & Orchards > Temperate Fruit Buy, Sell, & Trade

Rubus sp.

(1/3) > >>

Terminalia:
Hi,

I have about 50 Rubus species (and hybrids) from many regions of the world (for example Rubus australis, a self fertile Rubus chamaemorus, Rubus ellipticus, Rubus niveus ...) and I´m interested in exchange of experiences and plant materials. Please PM which species you are interested in and which you may offer.

KarenRei:
Do you offer any simply for sale?  And just cuttings, or seeds? I find Rubus chingii v. suavissimus (formerly R. suavissimus) a rather interesting plant, in that in addition to berries it contains a natural sugar-free sweetener in the leaves (ruboside, >5%; it's related to steviol). Used in Guanxi to brew tian-cha, a sweet tea. Do you have that one?

Terminalia:
I´m interested in exchange only - informations and plant materials (cuttings, seeds in saison....). Rubus you are interested in is available in my country and I have a plant from that rubus species.

KarenRei:
Are you only interested in Rubus species in exchange?  I can certainly order species online (although with a collection as large as yours, you probably have most everything!). Or if you have interest in non-Rubus species, I could collect some of our local edible wild berries (mainly Vaccinium uliginosum (bláber / bog bilberry), Vaccinium myrtillus (aðalbláber / bilberry), Empetrum nigrum (krækiber / crowberry); there's a couple others (hrútaber / stone bramble, jarðarber / wild strawberries, skollaber / dwarf cornel), but they're not common). And some Ribes species, but they're only semi-wild. And ever common rowan berries, but they're not great, even when processed right  ;)  Everyone's favourites are usually the bláber and krækiber species.  The bláber species might be hard to find this time of year, but there's probably a few hanging onto plants. Crowberries should be abundant.

Hmm, now that I think of it... hrútaber / stone bramble is a Rubus. R. saxatilis. But I doubt I could find any this time of year.  I always think of them as kind of insignificant, I've never found a lot of berries in one location.  But they'd probably do better in cultivation than the wild.

Terminalia:
Arctic berries sounds interesting also  :). I don´t know if Empetrum hermaphroditum grows in your country.
My rubus saxatilis plants are on the way to winter rest also now. Does Rubus nessensis grows in Iceland ? I only can find that it grows in Norway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version