Author Topic: Where do you buy mango fruit in St. Petersburg?  (Read 1007 times)

Alleycat

• Florida
    • View Profile
Where do you buy mango fruit in St. Petersburg?
« on: July 14, 2020, 09:23:54 PM »
Hello everyone, I am wondering where you buy individual mangoes in St. Petersburg? I am looking for specialty varieties.
-Alleycat

StPeteMango

• Florida/St. Petersburg/10a
    • View Profile
Re: Where do you buy mango fruit in St. Petersburg?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 10:49:56 PM »
You could try the Mustang Flea Market in Pinellas Park. It used to be open Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday mornings, but better check. It's been a long time since I went there, but if its open and you get there early enough, you could pick up some Asian varieties. There are also some forum members who graft and sell trees and, in season, mangoes as well.

cmichael258

• St. Pete, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 11:25:13 PM »
Mustang and Wagon Wheel Flea Markets are permanently closed.
Michael

irun5k

• Saint Petersburg, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 10:31:46 PM »
Best bet now that Mustang is closed is an Asian grocery store.  Many sell locally grown tropical fruit.  However they typically don't know  and thus can't disclose the cultivar. 

You might also try the St Pete Saturday Morning Market.  Some summers there have been specialty vendors selling mangos and other tropical fruit and they knew exactly what they were selling.  I sampled several lychee that way one year and it was great.  Unfortunately none of these vendors ever turned out to be regulars but you might get lucky.

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 09:02:47 PM »
A vendor has been buying from me and will be selling the last of my crop at William's Park Farmer's market next Saturday.
https://ilovetheburg.com/saturday-morning-market-returns-to-williams-park-in-july/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk