Author Topic: Orange Sherbert Mango Tree reliable Vendors  (Read 1636 times)

Ducky

• Texas, 9a
    • View Profile
Orange Sherbert Mango Tree reliable Vendors
« on: January 09, 2019, 03:48:12 AM »
I just purchased a Orange Sherbert Mango tree from TotT but now Im worried that I may get Lemon Zest instead of Orange Sherbert is this a reliable place to purchase this tree. I was doing some reading about Lemon Zest being called Orange sherbert but then changed back to lemon zest after the "new" mango tree was called Orange sherbert. 

Since shipping is rather expensive to ship from florida to texas I just want to make sure I get what I paid for.  Thanks.

mangokothiyan

• Coral Springs, Florida
    • View Profile
Re: Orange Sherbert Mango Tree reliable Vendors
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 08:40:42 AM »

Zill doesn't propagate Lemon Zest anymore; they only sell Orange Sherbet. So, what you get will be an Orange Sherbet tree.

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 01:16:05 PM »
who is TotT?

dwfl

• Bokeelia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 02:09:51 PM »
Yes TopT now has the real orange sherbet

AggrOnline

• Southern California
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 04:09:23 PM »
I bought one from them, even with gentle unpacking much of the soil was loose. It seem to me that the root ball was not well developed for a three gallon as advertised, the tree did not look as happy as the other variety I purchased. I tried to contact them as they originally miss labeled the tree but did not get a response for days . It seem they are very responsive pre sale, not so much after sadly.

Personally I would try plantogram next time, but I would purchase again if no one else has a variety I want. I will just take part of the tree and graft as back up like I did with this order .

Ducky

• Texas, 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 06:33:22 PM »
Treasure of the Tropics and they are also selling Lemon Zest as well as a bunch of other varieties.  It's the only place that would ship to Texas that I have found that have Orange Sherbert Mango in stock.

TopT?

I can most likely still cancel my order if anyone that can recommend a reliable source that will ship me this tree to Houston, Texas area.

NissanVersa

• Houston Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 06:47:29 PM »
Dude you are in luck!  JRN nursery on Breen street by beltway 8 on the northside of town has them.  I live in Houston too :)

Ducky

• Texas, 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 09:26:40 PM »
Thank you! I will have to check them out tomorrow.