Author Topic: Looking for rare myrciaria, plinia and eugenia seeds  (Read 1425 times)

kar1ma3

• Jupiter, FL, USA
    • View Profile
Looking for rare myrciaria, plinia and eugenia seeds
« on: May 24, 2017, 01:22:50 AM »
Myrciaria trunciflora
Grimal Jaboticaba
Myrciaria aureana
Plinia Edulis
Eugenia candolleana
Eugenia patrisii
Myrciaria cauliflora Paulista
Myrciaria cauliflora Ponhema
Myrciaria grandiflolia
Myrciaria phitrantha
Myrciaria coronata
Myrciaria tenella
Myrciaria sp. escarlate and others

Not interested in Vexator, Glazioviana, Sabara and  Myrciaria dubia (difficult to grow).

(Adam/FFF is not responding)

sildanani

• U.S.A OH, 6a
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for rare myrciaria, plinia and eugenia seeds
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 08:37:41 PM »
How long ago did you message him?
If you didn't already know, he takes a bit to answer since he is running FFF all on his own. I still have yet to order from him, but I hear he is an awesome dude and his selection of Myrtaceae is amazing! I would just wait.You can buy plants and other plant materials too.
You might have better luck finding him on Facebook. There he has a page exclusively about Myrciarias. You will find the must currect selections there. He takes lots of great photos of what he's got fruiting. There are some other buy/sell/trade groups you may like on there.
E.g- "California Tropical Fruit Growers", "Acca, Eugenia, Myrcia, Psidium to Xanthostemon all the Myrtaceae", "Plinia, Myrciaria - Jabuticaba, Jaboticaba, Jabuticabeiras ONLY"," Rare Fruit Auctions" (Fruit, Plants, Seeds, and Scions), and "Sale of seeds of tropical fruits"

Fruitlovers will have some rare Myrtaceae, but its best to keep checking because seeds come and go quite quickly. I have ordered from Fruitlovers two or three times, and have had great success with pretty much everything I've purchased.

You could of course make another inquiry on the buy/sell/trade forum here, and certain members here will occasionally have some cool species for sale. You just have to look out for them. There are several members on the forum from central/south American countries that carry rare species as well. Shipping will likely be a bit pricey, but in the end, its all worth it right?!

I will some times order from Tradwinds Fruit. Their seeds are not always the freshest. But buying Myrtaceae seeds from them has always been successful. You usually can only but by the seed with Myrtaceae, Garcinia, and some other rare and recalcitrant seeds. But some packs will give you two or three seeds.
Sometimes you just have to look around a bit to find the more uncommon things.
Good luck finding everything.
Anisha

kar1ma3

• Jupiter, FL, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for rare myrciaria, plinia and eugenia seeds
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 01:03:50 AM »
Anisha,
Thank you for your message!
I have more than 20 plants from Adam (FFF) and I have purchased from many sources you mentioned. Adam is one of the best! I do not have Facebook.
I'm still looking for seeds/plants from other different sources, I have planted few Uvaias and they are all not the same and I like that very much.
Planted Pitombas 4-5 ft apart (making the same growing conditions) from different sources and some of them make fruit in March and others in July, big or small fruit, not the same taste etc.
This is what I'm looking, seeds from different sources of the same species as variations/differences make me smile :)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 01:13:37 AM by kar1ma3 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk