Author Topic: Planting Advice: Short - partial shade  (Read 1095 times)

zephian

• USA, CA, Yuba City Zone 9B
    • View Profile
Planting Advice: Short - partial shade
« on: April 12, 2018, 03:20:38 PM »
Hey guys,
Looking for some suggestions on what kind of fruit bushes would grow well in partial shade and not grow overly large.
I want to plant some stuff around my fruit trees in the future and would like to look in to a few things in the mean time.
Are Miracle berry's worth the time?

Thanks,
-Kris

Doug

• Turrialba Costa Rica
    • View Profile
Re: Planting Advice: Short - partial shade
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 04:39:38 PM »
I REALLY love miracle fruit! I grow pineapples and all types of citrus all of which are extra amazing to eat when I pop a miracle fruit first. I've even come to especially love grapefruits with MF. My miracle fruits grow in relatively heavy shade (a couple hours a day of sun at most), and the only care they get is coffee grounds an some water when it's dry. BTW, I have pineapples growing and producing in shade as well. Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 04:45:54 PM by Doug »

zephian

• USA, CA, Yuba City Zone 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 04:44:07 PM »
I REALLY love miracle fruit! I grow pineapples and all types of citrus all of which are extra amazing to eat when I pop a miracle fruit first. I've even come to especially love grapefruits with MF. My miracle fruits grow in relatively heavy shade (a couple hours a day at most), and the only care they get is coffee grounds an some water when it's dry. BTW, I have pineapples growing and producing in shade as well. Good luck!
Until now I have never looked at a pineapple plant. Ha.
Thanks for the recommendations.
-Kris

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 11:20:42 AM »
Miracle fruit is very marginal in Nor Cal. I've killed them and not yet seen a happy one.
Ive fruited Pina in 5 gallon pots but it takes a couple years of neglecting them to get there, easy to try at least by just growing a Pina top.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk