Author Topic: Looking for fruit friends on Big Island Hawai'i  (Read 1174 times)

JeremyO

• SAN JOSE
    • View Profile
Looking for fruit friends on Big Island Hawai'i
« on: October 14, 2018, 11:46:53 PM »
Hi everyone!

I am so happy I found this wonderful community of people with growing fruit as a passion! My wife and I are avid fruit growers and eaters. We are taking our honeymoon to Hawai'i in early November. Is there anyone on the island who has a collection of interesting plants who would be willing to give a tour? We are willing to help out as much as we can in exchange for knowledge and fruit:) I hope to hear from you! Mahalo!

Jeremy

Kona fruit farm

• Aloha
    • Big Island; Hawaii. Kona 1700' Elev. Zone 12a
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for fruit friends on Big Island Hawai'i
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 02:36:25 AM »
come on over jeremy... i have about 200 trees planted on my farm.. mostly rare stuff.  not sure where you're staying but i'm in kona

Jeff
808-722-3057
With 3 acres of prime real estate for growing tropicals... why not create my own garden of eden?? Work in progress

PahoaJo

• Big Island, Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 12:19:25 AM »
Not sure that you would be able to take anything home with you, but Plant It Hawaii has their huge twice annual sale to the public November 2nd and 3rd.  It's one of the the biggest, if not biggest, fruit tree nursery in Hawaii. You can check out their website for what they have.

I have a small, one acre homestead with lots of stuff planted too if you make it out to Pahoa.  A lot of it is still young though.

Chupa King

• Puna, Hawai'i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 02:35:31 AM »
I should have fruit available Hilo side if you are interested in purchasing. I also have coconuts if that tickles your fancy.
Biodiversity is key.