Author Topic: Wholesale nursery mango tree  (Read 1171 times)

Nyuu

• Florida , lake placid 9b
    • View Profile
Wholesale nursery mango tree
« on: August 28, 2020, 07:49:19 PM »
Looking for any good wholesale nurseries other than zill because basically completely out of 3g trees  and 7g not even 4 ft tall

Satya

• North Miami Beach, FL , Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • Growing rare tropicals and fruit trees.
Re: Wholesale nursery mango tree
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 10:17:18 PM »
Very few nurseries propagate mango/avocado trees other than Zills. Most nurseries we visited on east coast resell Zills mangoes with a mark up. When i visited Pine island nursery 4 yrs ago, they told me they go their own propagation. But this year when we visited them in June the nursery was empty, they said due to very high demand this year everything is sold out. Same with Zills, recently i got a Creme Brulee 7gallon that was 1 ft tall, one brach sticking out of the graft. Another case was Butterscotch sapodilla, all sold out, they do not even put in the inventory because they are still fulfilling orders from 2019. Fruitscapes in Bokeelia, FL might also have their own propagated 3g plants if you want to enquire but i do not think they sell wholesale.

Nyuu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 10:27:45 PM »
Pine island nursery practically out of mangoes for years now about two or three years usually only find one or two variety available at a time . It crazy that not a lot nursery grow their own stock in Florida .
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 10:30:56 PM by Nyuu »

Satya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 10:25:23 AM »
Yes i feel the same. I would totally propagate mangoes and avocados if it was my full time job, plus will need a bigger piece of land to setup shade house with watering for new seedling grafts. There is so much demand now that it would be a good investment if someone wants to start.

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2020, 10:29:50 AM »
deleted

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2020, 10:49:42 AM »
Yes i feel the same. I would totally propagate mangoes and avocados if it was my full time job, plus will need a bigger piece of land to setup shade house with watering for new seedling grafts. There is so much demand now that it would be a good investment if someone wants to start.

Proven rootstock, source of material and quality grafter (commercial grafting requires t budding or chip budding, not cleft or vaneer)...you really wonder why ZHPP is main outlet?
- Rob

Satya

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2020, 10:54:44 AM »

Proven rootstock, source of material and quality grafter (commercial grafting requires t budding or chip budding, not cleft or vaneer)...you really wonder why ZHPP is main outlet?

Yes ZHPP has it all, no wonders Rob. But i feel there is room for others to start as well since the demand is so high, i see pre-orders from 2019 just being fulfilled now.

bsbullie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2020, 11:32:37 AM »

Yes ZHPP has it all, no wonders Rob. But i feel there is room for others to start as well since the demand is so high, i see pre-orders from 2019 just being fulfilled now.

Tough to do, producing quality stock on a commercial level.  Its one thing to produce a volume for retail sales (like Excalibur), its a different story to produce the quantity on a commercial scale.  If it were that simple, PIN and Fruitscapes would be producing their own.
- Rob

Nyuu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2020, 11:46:06 AM »
Yeah the only thing it's a little frustrating because transplant so quickly .
That the trees you should have no size to them .and I sell in small market most customers can't afford a bigger tree and the other issues is going to have tree in big pots but small tree I ask for 25g fruit punch about 3 months ago it only 5 feet tall .
So if I bought the tree and try to sell it to the customer . I highly doubt he would have even pay it for same price at i would have paid for it

bsbullie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2020, 11:50:46 AM »
That the trees you should have no size to them .and I sell in small market most customers can't afford a bigger tree and the other issues is going to have tree in big pots but small tree I ask for 25g fruit punch about 3 months ago it only 5 feet tall .
So if I bought the tree and try to sell it to the customer . I highly doubt he would have even pay it for same price at i would have paid for it

I hear you.  Last 3 gal mango I got was about a foot or so tall and not fully rooted out (but since it was that or nothing, I had to take it)  Demand is far greater than supply.
- Rob

PBm4nG0

• Broward 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2020, 12:02:18 PM »
I guess that's why so many of us graft our own from seedling trees and buying scions when available.
It's just hit or miss on how its going to grow from other seedlings other than turpentine rootstock that's been proven to grow here in FL.  And if your scion takes, I've lost so many, far from a pro at this. I guess its more of a hobby.

Bruce

Nyuu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2020, 12:07:28 PM »

I hear you.  Last 3 gal mango I got was about a foot or so tall and not fully rooted out (but since it was that or nothing, I had to take it)  Demand is far greater than supply.
yeah that's what I try to do earlier this year but underestimated because of the whole coronavirus fruit trees have been selling a lot faster than normal