Author Topic: Hawaii peak soursop and other fruit seasons  (Read 1592 times)

persianmd2orchard

• Los Angeles, CA
    • View Profile
Hawaii peak soursop and other fruit seasons
« on: October 14, 2019, 09:03:34 PM »
I tried searching and found some info but can anyone comment on the peak time for the tastiest soursops? What months does the overall soursop season span? Is there a best island to be on?

I’m planning a trip to Hawaii and really love soursop... altho I love all tropical fruits. Are there good tasting events or best is to just go to farmers markets?

Trying to also research best time to be for best mango varieties, lychee, longan, papaya, guava and have never tried ice cream bean, jaboticaba...

Sounds like anytime is a good time to visit Hawaii for fruit just depends what you want. Tryin to plan a trip, I know this has been asked a bunch, but wondering if there is updated info esp for soursop!

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
Re: Hawaii peak soursop and other fruit seasons
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 04:38:41 AM »
all the islands have variations i suppose.

i know the soursops on my tree (oahu are small fruits now...2 inches).  So not for a while? 

IF anything put your question upon Hawaii Tropical Fruit Growers page on FB.

Mangoes- done for the most part
Lychee-June/July?
Longan-Now
Papaya-all the time
Guava-I've seen some now at the markets
Jaboticaba-not sure
Ice cream bean-Not sure.

Good luck.  If I would pick one island, I'd choose Big Island.

PahoaJo

• Big Island, Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 12:06:32 AM »
Anytime i've had soursop, I think its been in the summer. June/July

sahai1

• NST, THAILAND
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 01:49:50 PM »
I've seen a few soursop trees at sea level currently fruiting now.  In the mountains may be different since starting to get more cloud cover and rain.

I tried searching and found some info but can anyone comment on the peak time for the tastiest soursops? What months does the overall soursop season span? Is there a best island to be on?

I’m planning a trip to Hawaii and really love soursop... altho I love all tropical fruits. Are there good tasting events or best is to just go to farmers markets?

Trying to also research best time to be for best mango varieties, lychee, longan, papaya, guava and have never tried ice cream bean, jaboticaba...

Sounds like anytime is a good time to visit Hawaii for fruit just depends what you want. Tryin to plan a trip, I know this has been asked a bunch, but wondering if there is updated info esp for soursop!

PahoaJo

• Big Island, Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 03:57:00 PM »
Saw a picture of someone's soursop fruiting now, so I guess it's not just in the summer here.  Mango is summer time.  Lychee can be May-August, but probably at peak fruiting in June.  Papaya and Longan is year round.  Overall, June would probably be a good time to visit based on the fruits you are interested in.  I would recommend the Big Island. There are lots of farmer's markets to go fruit hunting at.

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 09:26:21 PM »
They have a long season here with fruit year but peak early in summer and maybe a second peak 4 months later.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk