Author Topic: Selling new rare jaboticabas, Annonas, Myrtaceae, delicious rainforest species!  (Read 172842 times)

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Hi , I will send 7 packages this week.

I still can offer fresh annona deliciosa, eugenia repanda (sprouting), curuba seeds and the psidium collection, now adding more seeds of some rare species to the package for the same price:

*  arazá serrano (Psidium longipetiolatum) (NEW march 2018)  Very rare psidium, similar to strawberry guava but hardy to -7 or -8º C, bigger leaves and taller tree.
5 seeds, 10 USD
* Psidium ROBUSTUM (NEW 4 march 2018)  Very rare psidium, it tastes very good, acid and sweet, similar to a mix of pineapple/apple/strawberry guava. Hardy to -3 or -4º C and to 6 months of drought.
6 seeds, 10 USD
* Araçá do cacho (psidium guineense), harvest April 2018. Acid and sweet, hardy to -5º C, it start producing at 1 year and 6 months after sowing.
7 seeds: 6 USD
* Araçá-una / black arazá or purple forest guava (psidium myrtoides), harvest feb/march 2018.
7 seeds: 9 USD
* Lemon guava (psidium cattleianum var lucidum), very nice lemon flavour, not acid, sweet.
20 seeds (USD 4)
* Red Strawberry guava (psidium cattleianum var sabine)
20 seeds (USD 4)
* feijoa (acca sellowiana), frost hardy to -12º C, very nice variety, super sweet and tasty.
10 seeds: 5 USD
* Tropical guava (psidium guajava) pink/yellow variety, frost hardy to -4.4º C, sweet.
20 seeds (USD 8  ): varieties to choose: paraguayan, mexican cream, cuban green/pink , brazilian yellow/yellow, cuban yellow/cream

Total in seeds: USD 56
Shipping cost: USD 17

Total USD 73

nattyfroootz

• Santa Cruz California
    • View Profile
Have had aewsome germination on many of the Psidium species miguel! The eugenias and myrcianthes are also all doing well for the most part. Thanks again! super stoked
Grow cooler fruits

www.wildlandsplants.com

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Have had aewsome germination on many of the Psidium species marcos! The eugenias and myrcianthes are also all doing well for the most part. Thanks again! super stoked

hehe, I edited miguel for marcos.

I am so happy for you Natty! Keep in the shade most of the day... they can take a bit of "fresh" morning sun but take care!

nattyfroootz

• Santa Cruz California
    • View Profile
Haha oops, my bad getting my Psidium collectors mixed up!

Will do, they are in the growth chamber still but should be keeping them under a light for a month or so.
Grow cooler fruits

www.wildlandsplants.com

FruitFly

• USA, CA, Sunset Zone17, USDA Zone10B
    • View Profile
Do you Still have Sete Capote for sale?

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Do you Still have Sete Capote for sale?

Hi, I will have some in a month or so, very few.

Now I add psidium australe!

* Araçá campestre (psidium australe var. argenteum or  var. australe), very rare, tastes and smells like pineapple/caramel. Hardy to -5º C or maybe -6º C, it likes irrigation very much but does not tolerate flooding. It bears fruit in 2 to 3 years in pots. Climate: tropical and subtropical. Native of grassland regions.

5 seeds:  USD 10
10 seeds:  USD 18
20 seeds:  USD 34

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Hi, I have a few seeds of another species for now, from Ecuador:

annona muricata
malpighia emarginata
annona squamosa
cocona morada
psidium guineense (another variety from Ecuador)
dovyalis hebecarpa
lacmellea sp

If you want some of them, just PM me, thanks!

FruitFly

• USA, CA, Sunset Zone17, USDA Zone10B
    • View Profile
I would like to reserve sete capote seeds if possible.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Hi, I am adding psidium australe to the psidium pack!

Lets see:

* Hybrid Araçá (psidium guineense x grandifolium), very rare, tastes and smells like pineapple/caramel/strawberries. Hardy to -6º C, it likes irrigation very much but does not tolerate flooding. It bears fruit in 2 to 3 years in pots. Climate: tropical and subtropical. Native of grassland regions, Argentina and Brazil.
5 seeds:  USD 10
*  arazá serrano (Psidium longipetiolatum) (NEW march 2018)  Very rare psidium, similar to strawberry guava but hardy to -7 or -8º C, bigger leaves and taller tree.
4 seeds, 10 USD
* Psidium ROBUSTUM (NEW 4 march 2018)  Very rare psidium, it tastes very good, acid and sweet, similar to a mix of pineapple/apple/strawberry guava. Hardy to -3 or -4º C and to 6 months of drought.
6 seeds, 10 USD
* Araçá do cacho (psidium guineense), harvest April 2018. Acid and sweet, hardy to -5º C, it start producing at 1 year and 6 months after sowing.
7 seeds: 6 USD
* Araçá-una / black arazá or purple forest guava (psidium myrtoides), harvest feb/march 2018.
7 seeds: 9 USD
* Lemon guava (psidium cattleianum var lucidum), very nice lemon flavour, not acid, sweet.
20 seeds (USD 4)
* Red Strawberry guava (psidium cattleianum var sabine)
20 seeds (USD 4)
* feijoa (acca sellowiana), frost hardy to -12º C, very nice variety, super sweet and tasty.
10 seeds: 5 USD
* Tropical guava (psidium guajava) pink/yellow variety, frost hardy to -4.4º C, sweet.
20 seeds (USD 8  ): varieties to choose: paraguayan, mexican cream, cuban, yellow/yellow

Total in seeds: USD 66
Shipping cost: USD 17

Total USD 83

Special Offer: USD 75

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
NOTE: the one that I tought it was psidium australe is in fact an hybrid, maybe P. guineense x P. grandifolium (Leslie Landrum told me that): frost resistance is the same and the species grows in the same region as psidium australe. A rare one! Pulp is firmer / crunchier, less gelatinous than that of the common psidium guineense and the taste is sweeter. The plant seems very similar to what you see on the internet in terms of psidium grandifolium.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
(new) * SPROUTED! black Eugenia Repanda  Climate: tropical and subtropical: I have only 40 sprouted seeds.

5 sprouted seeds USD 18
10  sprouted seeds USD 32
20  sprouted seeds USD 60
40  sprouted seeds USD 100

This small and hardy bush likes shade and bears small cherry like (acid and sweet) fruits, it could be in full sun, semi shaded spot or full shade: it will fruit anywhere. Frost resistance: -6ºC

I have a very rare variety: ripe fruits are almost black! Normally, eugenia repanda use to be red.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
New tropical guava variety: cuban yellow/cream

It has a lot of sweet pulp, wonderful smell and small seeds:

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Hi, today I sent 3 mails to Europe and Asia; the post office has a software update problem with USA mails (price update too, but I can take it), so it will be fixed soon and I will send 2 mails tomorrow, sorry for the delay!

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
About the guavas I sell:

Brazilian Yellow/yellow (it fruited in a small pot, the fruit should be bigger the next year!), taste similar to paraguayan, strong smell, very nice for icecreams and raw:

http://www.huertasurbanas.com/tag/guayaba/

Mexican cream (one of the best tasting ones, the best raw, small seeds):

Cuban yellow/cream (strong taste and smell, very nice, small seeds):

Paraguayan yellow/pink (strong smell, lots of seeds but very good for icecreams, mermelades, etc., and I like it a lot)
http://www.huertasurbanas.com/2014/05/12/se-me-hace-agua-la-boca/

Cuban green/pink or red (soft smell, very good taste, 1/2k):

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
21º F (-6º C) frost damage to some of our planted species:

http://www.huertasurbanas.com/2018/07/12/danos-por-helada-de-6oc-en-frutales-nativos-de-la-selva-paranaense-valle-y-delta-del-parana-plantacion-experimental-en-junin-noroeste-de-la-pcia-de-bs-as-ecorregion-pampa-interior-plana/

No damage: eugenia uniflora, acca sellowiana, psidium longipetiolatum, eugenia involucrata, myrcianthes pungens, myrcianthes cisplatensis, eugenia repanda, acnathosyris spinescens, campomanesia guazumifolia
damage just on new sprouted leaves: psidium cattleyanum, eugenia pyriformis, jaboticaba serrana, macadamia,
almost fatal damage: annona cherimola, psidium guajava

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Adding Psidium aff . australe (Helton) or aff. guineense (Landrum)

This species was discovered into the Misiones forest

* Arazá johvy (Psidium aff . australe (Helton) or aff. guineense (Landrum)). Fruits ripe in yellowish green, 4cm long, 3.5cm diameter, taste like pear mixed with strawberries, it has a lot of very small 2mm seeds (similar to Psidium cattleyanum var lucidum). Very rare psidium; the guaraníes call it "arazá johvy", what means "blue guava".

DrFman

• FL
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 10:01:33 AM by DrFman »

nattyfroootz

• Santa Cruz California
    • View Profile
Just potted all my Psidium's up. Have had amazing germination. A lot of things germinated within a month and within the next month, most of the seeds that hadn't germinated began germinating. I'd say I had 75-100% germination on the seeds. Thank you Marcos!

Grow cooler fruits

www.wildlandsplants.com