Author Topic: Foliar Feeding  (Read 41875 times)

Mark in Texas

• Fredericksburg Texas, (central TX), zone 8a
    • View Profile
Re: Foliar Feeding
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2015, 07:49:32 AM »
Hi Mark, do you use Dyna Gro Foliage as foliage spray only or in combination with drenching as well? If combined, could you please specify of when do use it as spray or as drench feedings? Thanks!

Whether it's a backpack sprayer or the tractor mounted big gun I apply Foliage Pro at a rate of no more than 1 tsp/gallon, usually half that rate.  I also add a surfactant like NIS.  Without it the treatment is pretty much useless. Being that my well water is super hard I also use rainwater as the carrier.  Very important - always do a test branch or two first to see if your mix is gonna be phytotoxic. Give the treated branch a day or two to see if it burns.

My favorite micros mix is Keyplex 350DP.  That stuff is amazing.  It is acidic in solution though.

As an aside, I'm getting away from all liquids.  Doesn't matter the formulation.  Dyna-Gro products will drop rocks on you, precipitate out.  I've found the shelf life is good for maybe a year. You're better off price wise, convenience wise and overall quality using this excellent 5-1-3 with micros - Peters. http://www.amazon.com/77900-Performance-Fertilizer-25-5-15-25-Pound/dp/B008JSIKCU/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_0_1   I might apply that as a soil drench too, certainly in pots. DG is too expensive to apply via the soil unless your trees are in pots.  Heck, folks parrot that feeder roots are located at the drip line and that's where you should focus your plant foods.  Not true, they can grow away from the trunk at twice that distance or more.

Mark
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 07:52:07 AM by Mark in Texas »

Samu

• North Tustin, So. California, Zone 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2015, 01:32:21 PM »
Well Mark, I thought I already found the ultimate all around liquid fertilizer in DynaGrow families of products,  so after I used up all my supplies, then the search for other alternative feedings for my plants to be resumed... :)
This backyard fruit plants growing is not a simple straight forward task..., it appears...
Sam

Mark in Texas

• Fredericksburg Texas, (central TX), zone 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2015, 02:08:46 PM »
It's one of those - "....it's been my experience......"   ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk