Author Topic: Eugenia pyriformis seeds - Sale or Trade  (Read 8962 times)

RICBITAR

• SAO PAULO - BRASIL
    • View Profile
Eugenia pyriformis seeds - Sale or Trade
« on: November 02, 2013, 03:24:56 AM »
Hello,
I have little quantity Eugenia pyriformis seeds, 1$ per seeds plus shipping
Best
Ricardo

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
Re: Eugenia pyriformis seeds - Sale or Trade
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 04:16:44 AM »
Ricardo I have heard that Sao Paulo has many forms of Eugenia pyriformis that vary in taste and shape of the fruit as well as in how the trees grow. Does this fit with your experience?

thaitropics

• Thailand Bangkok
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 06:51:20 AM »
I will have 12

Let me know total cost, shipped to Thailand and where to send money.

Many thanks

Sunan

chingchang

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 08:34:45 AM »
I want to 60 seed, please contact me,

RICBITAR

• SAO PAULO - BRASIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 09:37:22 PM »
Hi Mike T

Yes, has many forms of Eugenia pyriformis, my seeds is the variety with round fruits (the most common form), and  pleasent flavor

Best

RIcardo

Don

• Brisbane Australia zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 02:49:16 AM »
Havnt had any dramas with seed from Ricardo, he sent packages very proffesionaly. Cant see why seeds would be mouldy or rotten! Maybe transit was too long

lxcxc

• china fijian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 09:57:49 AM »
Hello,
Best
Ricardo

Hi, how do I contact you

nelesedulis

• I want to increase my collection of fruit trees!
    • Carangola, Minas Gerais Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 01:08:43 PM »
Friend,

The post took 15 months to arrive at your house, or Ric took 15 months to post the seeds?

If the former case, the blame can be of Brazil mails, they are holding envelopes of seeds, I myself have been several times these days, having to fill guides releasing the posted seeds.

I even posted in the forum on the custom house of Brazil be holding all.

I did not understand well the case, but this can be an issue.

Thank you

Its not this Don. Package from Ricbitar arrived quickly. First time He send small (not fully developed seeds with a small amount of the reserve material inside - i plant them in tropical conditions and they rot after few days). He takes some (not all but some) seeds from markets and it is possible that some of them are cold stored or harvested to quickly. Many tropical seeds can dye if they cold stored or moulded. I inform him about it - after first transaction. He tryed shirking but at last - promise me to send other seeds. He do this month agow (i cover shipping cost). But seeds sended by him as a complaint (after more than one year!) arrived two weeks agow completly dry and mould.

In fact there is no seeds. He have to know this because they do not weight properly. They are to light. It must happend few weeks before, because this takes long time in this specific species to be light, dry and mould. There is not possible to make mistake in the second shipment because he know this kind of seeds. In my opinion he did it with premeditation. At last he stops answering my emails. I was waiting about 15 months to have 100% shure about this seller. It cost me about 300 USD. Be careful or dont trade with him. There is so many good selers here. Regards.
Facebook
Alexandre Neles
Seeking information and new techniques, friendships are always welcome!

nelesedulis

• I want to increase my collection of fruit trees!
    • Carangola, Minas Gerais Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 06:28:12 PM »
in fact, I had misunderstood, thought to be the Brazil post office, some problem might have occurred, it's a good guy.
Were seeds of which tree?
I think it was bad luck.

Hi nelesedulis. Sorry for my english gramma.

I have no objection to the postal service. In my opinion, Ricardo tried to shirk responsibility for the sold defective seeds.

I received first package (with bad seeds) prepared by Ricardo in 2014 spring (it takes 2-3 weeks before package from Brasil was in my hand) and second package i received  3.11.2015  (this time package travel only about 2 weeks). It very quickly, fast enough for any very sensitive seeds. I was writing about 15 months because "complaint seeds" was sended to me after about 15 months (after my complaint).

These types of seeds can travel in a pack without harming many weeks. However, their destruction and repeatedly drying requires more time and it is impossible to do in a package (so quickly). In the package there is no possibility of such a dry seeds because they are shielded. There was too much seeds to make this just a coincidence. It is unlikely that such an experienced vendor has committed so many mistakes. It is very strange.

Regards.
Facebook
Alexandre Neles
Seeking information and new techniques, friendships are always welcome!

Cassio

• Brasil, São Paulo, Zone 11b, Köppen: Cfa/Cwa
    • View Profile
    • Frutas em Vasos
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 06:36:10 AM »
If the former case, the blame can be of Brazil mails, they are holding envelopes of seeds, I myself have been several times these days, having to fill guides releasing the posted seeds.
I even posted in the forum on the custom house of Brazil be holding all.
I did not understand well the case, but this can be an issue.

Alexandre, just to clarify, The Brazilian Mail is not always the culprit because of the delay in transit. Governmental rules and Supervision Departments can be the real ones in most cases ;)

The Brazilian Mail and even the country of origin/destination can sometimes take a long time to route the order, for sure. But we need to clarify that the Brazilian legislation has rules (as it occurs in other countries) that require the Brazilian Mail to route all international orders imported and exported to determined supervision departments. In fact, it isn´t made with all the packages in transit, but "randomly", let's say. If u are unlucky, you will be "drawn" and have your package retained until you comply with regulations. I work in the TI department of Brazilian Mail, so, I can assure you it´s true. ;)

I experienced it for myself. See:
Last month we and Miguel exchanged seeds and both ended without nothing, because the packages were retained (mine in Portugal and his here in Brazil). Asking the MAPA (vinculated to the Brazilian Ministry of Agriculture) the reason why the packages were retained, I received this answer:

"
1- Packages containing seeds or agricultural inputs are monitored by the MAPA, as APPLICATION FOR AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS INSPECTION No. 3117.
2- This type of product requires prior authorization for Import (IN MAPA 36/2006).
- Vegetal products must comply with the provisions of Law No. 10,711 / 2003 (Import of Seeds and Seedlings) of 5 August 2003, Annex to Decree No. 5153 of 23 July 2004, which regulates Law No. 10,711 / 03, and Normative Instruction No. 50, of December 29, 2006.
3- In the event of import or export without compliance with the rules, the following measures will be adopted:
     - Product Retention to meet the requirements: To present within thirty (30) days Authorization for Import AND Phytosanitary Certificate.
4- Please be advised that Plant Propagation material, as seeds and seedlings, is framed in (CATEGORY-5), genetic material that can serve and propagate numerous pathogens (viruses, bacteria, fungi, etc. INSECTS).

Conclusion:
The import or export of any amount of SEEDS and seedlings need Prior Authorization (MAPA), including those dispatched by postal service and those carried by passengers in international transit.
"

As the fruit cultivation is just a hobby for me (I'm not a producer and I don´t have a large farm), I gave up to import and export seeds. In Brazil the issuance of these permits is slow, bureaucratic, and full of squeamishness. Even for those who make the sale and purchase of seeds a business, this process is complicated ...  :(
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 09:47:44 AM by Cassio »

Cassio

• View Profile
    • Frutas em Vasos
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 05:48:31 AM »
Hi nelesedulis. Sorry for my english gramma.
I have no objection to the postal service. In my opinion, Ricardo tried to shirk responsibility for the sold defective seeds.

Domnik, I don't know what happened in fact, but I dont think that Ricardo made the fault premeditatedly. I see he has a good reputation all around.
Also, all the times I spoke with him, he appeared to be a good person.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 05:57:53 AM by Cassio »

chingchang

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 06:25:49 AM »
Its not this Don. Package from Ricbitar arrived quickly. First time He send small (not fully developed seeds with a small amount of the reserve material inside - i plant them in tropical conditions and they rot after few days). He takes some (not all but some) seeds from markets and it is possible that some of them are cold stored or harvested to quickly. Many tropical seeds can dye if they cold stored or moulded. I inform him about it - after first transaction. He tryed shirking but at last - promise me to send other seeds. He do this month agow (i cover shipping cost). But seeds sended by him as a complaint (after more than one year!) arrived two weeks agow completly dry and mould.

In fact there is no seeds. He have to know this because they do not weight properly. They are to light. It must happend few weeks before, because this takes long time in this specific species to be light, dry and mould. There is not possible to make mistake in the second shipment because he know this kind of seeds. In my opinion he did it with premeditation. At last he stops answering my emails. I was waiting about 15 months to have 100% shure about this seller. It cost me about 300 USD. Be careful or dont trade with him. There is so many good selers here. Regards.
Domnik, Ricardo is a good person, trustworthy person, we can give him to testify

RICBITAR

• SAO PAULO - BRASIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2015, 09:13:39 PM »
CHINGCHANG, DON, NELESEDULIS AND CASSIO, THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS !

Just to clear, about the package of Domnik :

1- He bought seeds Theobroma grandiflorum (Cupuaçu), the faster recalcitrant seeds I know
2- I sent to him fresh fruit, not seeds, something very prohibited in Brazil, cupuaçu fruit is very fast to rot
3- I warned the buyer that fruit will not arrive in good condition, even with the warning the buyer wanted the fruits
4- When the buyer bought in 2014, he bought atraves de um intermediario
5- In 2015 the buyer take my direct contact, and he explain the problem, and I only request the shipping costs, nothing else , to resend the fruits , but again I warn the fruits will not arrive in good condition

I sent seeds Theobroma grandiflorum for several person, all know, this seeds are the highly recalcitrant, by the way, all seeds of the Theobroma family are highly recalcitrant

PLEASE, SEE THE MURAHILIN, OSCAR AND DRUSS COMMENTS :
http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=14123.msg228972#new

Felipe

• Global Moderator
    • Canary Islands, Spain - 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2015, 05:03:47 AM »
I'm sorry if Dominik had a bad experience, but I don't think it's Ricardos fault.
I have dealt with with Ricardo in the past, and I can only confirm the good reputation he has!
Obrigado Ricardo :)

RICBITAR

• SAO PAULO - BRASIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2015, 06:22:14 AM »
I'm sorry if Dominik had a bad experience, but I don't think it's Ricardos fault.
I have dealt with with Ricardo in the past, and I can only confirm the good reputation he has!
Obrigado Ricardo :)

Felipe

Thanks for your positive comments,

Ricardo

Wiangelo

• Suriname, District Wanica, Lelydorp, Zone 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2015, 06:35:43 AM »
Hi friends  ;D,
My experience with Domnik is that he is a good seller. I bought a Capuaçu plant from him. In spite of  the long trip Poland - Netherlands - Suriname, the plant arrived in seven days. The plant was in very good condition and I do not think I would be successful with another seller. But Domnik should know that our Theobroma cacao has sometimes pots that already rotten from within when it is not be visible on the outside. So it would not surprise me if this would be the case with the Capuaçu. It would be nice if I could send him a free Capuaçu pot within two years. Eventually it's our goal to spread seeds, with or without government approval. Ultimately, we are all fruithunters!

Cassio

• View Profile
    • Frutas em Vasos
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2015, 02:34:35 PM »
CHINGCHANG, DON, NELESEDULIS AND CASSIO, THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS !

Just to clear, about the package of Domnik :

1- He bought seeds Theobroma grandiflorum (Cupuaçu), the faster recalcitrant seeds I know
2- I sent to him fresh fruit, not seeds, something very prohibited in Brazil, cupuaçu fruit is very fast to rot
3- I warned the buyer that fruit will not arrive in good condition, even with the warning the buyer wanted the fruits

Exactly! Cupuaçu has a hard skin,  but a fragile pulp.
Well, I think this explains what occurred. Even in the few markets that sell the "fresh" fruit here in São Paulo (Brasil), when opened is common to find the fruit in the exact same condition shown in Domnik´s photos: rotten. So, not a surprise he received the fruit in this condition...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 02:40:49 PM by Cassio »

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2015, 04:29:27 PM »
Capuassu might be the most difficult species of all to germinate from seeds and keep alive.At least for me it has been along with platonia. Hundreds of seeds from 7 or 8 sources over a prolonged period have resulted in 2 survivors.Even when they germinate in transit I struggle with these but much of the time seeds perish on the trip.This is from the finest exponents of art of packing as well.

fruitboy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2015, 06:25:22 AM »
hi Ricardo, ineed the seeds please pm me! thanks

RICBITAR

• SAO PAULO - BRASIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2015, 08:39:18 AM »
hi Ricardo, ineed the seeds please pm me! thanks

Fruitboy,

Ok, thanks,
Pm sent

Ricardo

123abc

• USA, OHIO, CLEVELAND
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2016, 02:55:04 PM »
Hi, Ricardo,
    Still have some of those eugenia pyriformis seeds? I want to purchase some. Please let me how to contact you.

Tony

Hello,
Best
Ricardo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk