Author Topic: Florida man, 88, burns raccoon alive over eating mangoes  (Read 3304 times)

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Administrator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
Re: Florida man, 88, burns raccoon alive over eating mangoes
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 11:37:00 AM »
Pretty nutty, eh?
Jeff  :-)

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
    • LED Bulbs for Landscape Lighting
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 11:37:47 AM »
DONT MESS WITH MY MANGOES, they are sacred specially when going out of season. :o :o

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 12:43:45 PM »
So its ok to drown or shoot them?  Just dont torch them?
Brad Spaugh

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Administrator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 01:20:55 PM »
Drowing and shooting are relatively quick means of death. Burning would be much slower and much more painful. The gold standard would be lethal injection, but that's obviously not practical.

So its ok to drown or shoot them?  Just dont torch them?

Capt Ram

• Lake Worth, Fl
    • View Profile
    • Sailing-charters.org
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 01:27:00 PM »
I've heard from a friend that there good eating
Let's hope he ate it
Www.sailing-charters.org

FrankDrebinOfFruits

• Kauai, HI 12A
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 02:46:05 AM »
His friends are coming, and they mean business!

Doug

• Turrialba Costa Rica
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 07:06:51 AM »
That poor ignorant man is goddam disgusting! I love my fruit . . .but I have always planted plenty to share with the critters. Pathetic story! Nothing to joke about.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 07:10:35 AM by Doug »

WGphil

• Winter Garden Florida 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 07:53:26 AM »
I can bring you some if you like

Just caught yesterday after challenging the dog over territory

Meanest one I ever caught it even barked at  me but released miles away

It’s against the law to transport them and you’re supposed to kill them but as long as they are away from me. Caught on second half of Young mango. He ate the first half previous night

« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 08:46:53 AM by WGphil »

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2018, 08:21:06 AM »
I can bring you some if you like

Just caught yeastetday after challenging the dog over territory

Meanest one I ever caught it even barked at  me but released miles away

It’s against the law to transport them and you’re supposed to kill them but as long as ithey are away from me. Caught on second half of Young mango. He ate the first half previous night

And will most likely find its way back to your yard for revenge..   lol
- Rob

Jose Spain

• Marbella, Spain. Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2018, 08:32:08 AM »
I do tend to humanize those little motxxxfuxxrs as well when they mess with my fruit, I know the feeling. But burning alive an animal because it ate your fruit should turn on some red lights among his neighbours. That guy is nuts, he needs pro attention. Today is a raccoon, tomorrow who knows.

WGphil

• Winter Garden Florida 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2018, 08:50:50 AM »
Wouldn’t doubt it but running out of mangos and sharing time is over

forumfool

• Canton, GA 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2018, 09:35:59 AM »
Humans are members of the animal kingdom. Like other animals it is our nature to kill for various reasons. What should separate humans from other species is our ability to be humane to others since we have the ability to empathize and understand suffering. Burning an animal alive is a form of torture. Not a laughing matter imo. I worked in animal shelters for years you see some bad stuff and these are supposed to be people’s pets. Including dogs and cats intentionally set on fire.

Carbo

• Brown Thumb in 10b, SE Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2018, 11:33:00 AM »
If I witnessed that, first I'd shoot the raccoon to put it out of its misery, then I'd be taken away to jail for doing the same to the two legged SOB.

savemejebus

• Coral Springs, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2018, 01:55:02 PM »
Humans are members of the animal kingdom. Like other animals it is our nature to kill for various reasons. What should separate humans from other species is our ability to be humane to others since we have the ability to empathize and understand suffering. Burning an animal alive is a form of torture. Not a laughing matter imo. I worked in animal shelters for years you see some bad stuff and these are supposed to be people’s pets. Including dogs and cats intentionally set on fire.

I disagree. What separates us from other species is our ability to be inhumane. There are very few other species that kill/torture for sport/boredom. Only dolphins and apes come to mind. Just about everything else kills as quickly/efficiently as possible.

palmcity

• Martin County, Fl zone10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2018, 02:26:13 PM »

I disagree. What separates us from other species is our ability to be inhumane. There are very few other species that kill/torture for sport/boredom. Only dolphins and apes come to mind. Just about everything else kills as quickly/efficiently as possible.
Devils Advocate:::

A Cat very slowly ending a mouse life:::   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0ZH3VzjZGU

Lions eating elephant without killing it first:https://vimeo.com/47167442

2 small dogs methodically destroying a raccoon:::
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3Z1guM8c3g

10 different animals:::
https://www.toptenz.net/top-10-animals-that-can-eat-living-things-in-one-bite.php

Dog attacking a Cat:::
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPs27xGxshc
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 04:12:26 PM by palmcity »

savemejebus

• Coral Springs, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2018, 02:44:56 PM »

Devils Advocate:::
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0ZH3VzjZGU
https://vimeo.com/47167442

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3Z1guM8c3g

https://www.toptenz.net/top-10-animals-that-can-eat-living-things-in-one-bite.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPs27xGxshc

I forgot about cats which everyone knows/accepts are evil incarnate.

BonsaiBeast

• San Diego CA, USDA zone 10a, sunset zone 24
    • View Profile
    • BonsaiBeast
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2018, 03:26:36 PM »

Don't bears eat humans alive, piece-by-piece?

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Administrator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2018, 03:29:16 PM »
:D cats are awesome

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Administrator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2018, 03:35:47 PM »
The burning alive thing is a bit demented, but protecting one's food source by eliminating competition when need is sort of a primal behavior found in a number of species. I think even some plants do it :D.

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
    • LED Bulbs for Landscape Lighting
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2018, 03:50:22 PM »

imagine that at age of 88, if you get really upset, how much your brain would work to think what is right and what is not? Anger at that age can be very dangerous as is evident from the incident. Note that judgement is to be expected from adults, not from kids or seniors at age of 88 as their thinking and behavior is no different than a small kid.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 06:45:15 PM by behlgarden »

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2018, 05:30:17 PM »
At an early age I witnessed two dogs corral the rabbit in a pipe culvert under the road and chase it out, then each held one end and tore it to two pieces. The old guy probably didn't think about his choices. My own wife who ordinarily wouldn't hurt a fly trapped a coon who was eating her corn while I was out of town. She used a pitchfork. I later showed her how to drive the trap down to the bridge over the creek and let it down into the water. Yes I know drowning is considered not "humane". Most likely he doesn't have a gun, couldn't use it legally in the neighborhood even if he had one, and he was pissed off because food he expected was denied to him by vermin. Nobody explained beforehand he could call animal control for euthanasia.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk