Author Topic: LZ mango pest co trol  (Read 1031 times)

Cythompson159@yahoo.com

• JoJo Mammey
    • East central Florida
    • View Profile
LZ mango pest co trol
« on: July 18, 2019, 10:40:42 PM »
I have over 20 fruit trees and the only one with a problem is my LZ mango, has aphids like crazy that I can’t control and many other things. Lost my whole crop to anthracnose and a hail storm. I grow all trees organically except my citrus that I fertilize organically but I give them Bayer citrus systemic treatments. My city checks on them regularly and will uproot them at first site of issues. Is it ok to use this systemic poison on a mango tree? Those mangos are so good I want this tree to work out.The trees are well cared for, heavily organically fertalized, foliage sprays and bugs or leaves picked at first sign of issues. This tree has so many issues I can’t keep up. I can’t do permaculture do to my neighborhood. If any other suggestions please let me know.

Mango_Seed

• Zone 10
    • View Profile
Re: LZ mango pest co trol
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 08:14:46 AM »
What does that mean when you say you can't do permaculture due to your neighborhood?

« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 08:27:01 AM by Mango_Seed »

skhan

• United States, Florida, Coral Springs, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Videos of Garden
Re: LZ mango pest co trol
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 11:41:35 AM »
Can you post a picture, maybe there is something going on that's being overlooked.

Mango trees are generally easy to grow.
Do you get a lot of frost in your area?

Seems like your doing a lot for your trees so something sounds off.

To answer your question the soil drench would work but it might only be a bandaid solution as the problem might originate from something else.
It would also only affect insects.

Cythompson159@yahoo.com

• JoJo Mammey
    • East central Florida
    • View Profile
Re: LZ mango pest control
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 08:10:09 PM »
What I mean by I can’t do permaculture in my neighborhood is that it doesn’t look pleasing to the untrained eye and my city and neighborhood would not allow it. All my trees in the front have bricked landscaping, can get away with a little more in the back yard. And here is a few photos of the pests. I have tried a goo substance to stop ants from working with the aphids but that hasn’t seemed to help.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk