Author Topic: Ruby vs. Ruby Supreme Guave  (Read 204 times)

Sir Graftalot

• Where the wood at?
    • U.S.A.
    • View Profile
Ruby vs. Ruby Supreme Guave
« on: February 16, 2024, 02:00:39 AM »
Any one knows the difference between Ruby verses Ruby Supreme guava? According to the article below, Ruby sounds to be a superior fruit, but a Google search for "Ruby Guava" only returns "Ruby Supreme" results.

https://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/morton/guava.html

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
Re: Ruby vs. Ruby Supreme Guave
« Reply #1 on: Today at 02:29:25 AM »
I just saw a fruit of Ruby Supreme and it looks like a good one, with lots of tropical guava aroma.

But the fruit I had picked off the ground was over ripe so not a good one to determine the taste of it. I got some cuttings, so I hope to get some fruits in a few years. The fruit I had looks similar to this photo of the Ruby Supreme but more over ripe if you can picture that. Flesh was dark pink, almost red.

Rispa

• Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:22:29 AM »
Ruby Supreme is link, has seeds (I don't think it has a many, but I don't have much experience with how many other cultivars have). It can be eaten hard and is good with a little salt. It can be ripened and eaten as a sweet dessert. Ripen past that and it makes a good air freshener.

Malhar

• Irvine CA, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:18:21 AM »
I have been growing a Ruby Supreme tree for last few years. I have tried it fruit in different stages and even when completely ripe, flavor is mild at best. I am thinking of getting rid of it.

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Today at 11:09:52 AM »
Do you have a photo of your fruit, is the shape like the one I showed above? How large is the fruit, I see different photos that shows a smal to large round fruit so not sure which one is correct.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk