Author Topic: Dugetia Lanceolata , pics, fruits and tree  (Read 2258 times)

nelesedulis

• I want to increase my collection of fruit trees!
    • Carangola, Minas Gerais Brazil
    • View Profile
Dugetia Lanceolata , pics, fruits and tree
« on: February 07, 2017, 04:28:53 PM »
Hello friends, Fruit of Duguetia Lanceolata of the season, many people have never seen the fruit, here are the photos.

Thank you.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 06:05:15 AM by nelesedulis »
Facebook
Alexandre Neles
Seeking information and new techniques, friendships are always welcome!

buddyguygreen

• Keeper of Earth
  • Zone Creator
    • Citrus Ridge, FL,
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge of the Masters
Re: Dugetia Lanceolata , pics, fruits and my tree
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 07:33:38 PM »
Great pictures, those fruit look awesome on the tree, very exotic looking. How old is that tree? How would you describe the taste of the fruit?

I have a couple trees, the biggest about 2 feet tall, can't wait to try the fruit.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 09:22:33 PM by buddyguygreen »

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 09:36:27 PM »
Nice.  I've only seen them in pictures.
Har

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 01:37:04 AM »
How long do these trees take to fruit? I have one tree about 8 feet tall, but has not fruited yet.
Oscar

nelesedulis

• I want to increase my collection of fruit trees!
    • Carangola, Minas Gerais Brazil
    • View Profile
Re: Dugetia Lanceolata , pics, fruits and tree
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 06:04:34 AM »
These photos are from a friend, he lives 400 km northwest of here, warmer region and the fruits in his region mature first than mine.

My pindaiba trees are native, about 12, 14 meters high, my fruit will be ripe in 30 or 40 days, I have 10 year old trees planted by me and with no sign of flowering, with 9 m height.

Most of these trees here are native, uncultivated, so I have no experience in knowing for sure how many years they take to fruition.

The tree is heavily felled to make light woods, because it has a light white wood, in my piece of Atlantic forest here on the farm, I already counted 14 native pindaiba trees, this in an area of ​​27 hectares of forest, 1 hectare = 10,000 square meters. I do not know how to convert this measure to the English area measurements.

The taste is sweet, reminiscent of the fruit of the Biribá ( Rollinia mucosa), but it has little pulp, and it is difficult to harvest because the fruits get very high and are hunted by the wild animals in any way.

Pindaiba at least is a seed easy to germinate, delay without treatment with GA3, 4 months, not terrible to germinate like marolo.

Thanks.

Great pictures, those fruit look awesome on the tree, very exotic looking. How old is that tree? How would you describe the taste of the fruit?

I have a couple trees, the biggest about 2 feet tall, can't wait to try the fruit.
Facebook
Alexandre Neles
Seeking information and new techniques, friendships are always welcome!

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
Re: Dugetia Lanceolata , pics, fruits and tree
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 05:40:27 PM »
These photos are from a friend, he lives 400 km northwest of here, warmer region and the fruits in his region mature first than mine.

My pindaiba trees are native, about 12, 14 meters high, my fruit will be ripe in 30 or 40 days, I have 10 year old trees planted by me and with no sign of flowering, with 9 m height.

Most of these trees here are native, uncultivated, so I have no experience in knowing for sure how many years they take to fruition.

The tree is heavily felled to make light woods, because it has a light white wood, in my piece of Atlantic forest here on the farm, I already counted 14 native pindaiba trees, this in an area of ​​27 hectares of forest, 1 hectare = 10,000 square meters. I do not know how to convert this measure to the English area measurements.

The taste is sweet, reminiscent of the fruit of the Biribá ( Rollinia mucosa), but it has little pulp, and it is difficult to harvest because the fruits get very high and are hunted by the wild animals in any way.

Pindaiba at least is a seed easy to germinate, delay without treatment with GA3, 4 months, not terrible to germinate like marolo.

Thanks.

Thanks for the information.
BTW, a hectare is 2.5 acres, so 27 hectares would be 67.5 acres.
Oscar

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk