Author Topic: Cheapest source for La Verne "Manila" trees (SoCal)?  (Read 1220 times)

barath

• Southern California, USDA Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Cheapest source for La Verne "Manila" trees (SoCal)?
« on: July 03, 2018, 12:52:23 PM »
I'm hoping to graft up a few mango trees to give to friends and would like to get La Verne "Manila" trees for cheap to graft onto -- anyone know which nurseries typically carry them for cheap ($20/each or so)?  Once in a while I would see them available for $20-25 at home depot but I don't know if that's the best option or if there are wholesale nurseries that will sell in bulk to CRFG members or the like.

ricshaw

• USA, Southern California, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • ricshaw805 YouTube Channel
Re: Cheapest source for La Verne "Manila" trees (SoCal)?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 01:04:09 AM »
I'm hoping to graft up a few mango trees to give to friends and would like to get La Verne "Manila" trees for cheap to graft onto -- anyone know which nurseries typically carry them for cheap ($20/each or so)?  Once in a while I would see them available for $20-25 at home depot but I don't know if that's the best option or if there are wholesale nurseries that will sell in bulk to CRFG members or the like.

La Verne Nursery is the wholesale nursery that supplies the La Verne Manila seedlings to retail nurseries.

Too bad you missed our La Chapter field trip tour to La Verne Nursery... you might have save a few dollars.

Lionking

• Covina, Ca. Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 01:47:39 AM »

Hey Barath, 

You can go on website and send them an email.  They are quick to reply.
Tell them what you are looking for, and the quantity.
They will not sell them direct to you but they will ship the quantity desired to your nearest Lowe’s.
You will have to pay the Lowe’s price though.  Think it’s about 24.99 each.

barath

• Southern California, USDA Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 09:46:10 AM »
Great, thanks!