Author Topic: Montoso Gardens?  (Read 6209 times)

Patrick

• Administrator
    • USA, Palm Beach, FL 33467, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Montoso Gardens?
« on: February 21, 2012, 04:02:41 PM »
Why does Google tell me that Montoso Gardens will harm my computer? This happened once before about a year ago and it went away.. Why is this??

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Montoso Gardens?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 04:15:24 PM »
Why does Google tell me that Montoso Gardens will harm my computer? This happened once before about a year ago and it went away.. Why is this??

Malicious scripts. Someone has compromised the security of the website and now the website will likely install something malicious on your computer. We should let Bryan know so he can fix it.

Patrick

• Administrator
    • USA, Palm Beach, FL 33467, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 04:35:48 PM »
Sounds like he needs a quadruple dose of Sevin!

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Global Moderator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 05:33:08 PM »
Malware. Bryan said he's going to try to fix tonight.
Jeff  :-)

FloridaGreenMan

• Fort Lauderdale FL Zone 10B
    • Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 10:03:28 PM »
Yea, I saw that message today and it spooked me so I backed out. Hope he gets it fixed. FYI...some of the plant websites from Brazil are loaded with Malware and then you get tons of Brazilian e-mails. Happened to me recently!   
FloridaGreenMan

HMHausman

• Mod Emeritus
    • USA, Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
    • Pines Ticket Defense, LLC
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 08:08:45 AM »
OMG...is that what happened.  I swear I was getting countless advertisemnts in Potuguese from Brasilian senders.  I couldn't imagine how that happened.  It got to the point that I blocked all incoming email with a .br at the end.

Harry
Harry
Fort Lauderdale, FL 
USA

murahilin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 11:49:06 AM »
OMG...is that what happened.  I swear I was getting countless advertisemnts in Potuguese from Brasilian senders.  I couldn't imagine how that happened.  It got to the point that I blocked all incoming email with a .br at the end.

Harry

So.. you two are visiting the same Brazilian sites  ;)

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 05:21:10 PM »
I suggest you install Ad Aware, it's a free download and finds and removes malware on your computer.
Oscar
Oscar

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 05:31:18 PM »
I suggest you install Ad Aware, it's a free download and finds and removes malware on your computer.
Oscar

malwarebytes is a very good free scanner, also use Super Anti Spyware and Avast free. All three are good and free.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 06:01:57 PM »
Malware didn't catch some nasties that Ad Aware did. Been using Ad Aware for many years.
Oscar
Oscar

Tropicalgrower89

• Zone 11a, Florida
    • Pembroke Pines, FL, 33024, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 08:26:06 PM »
I'm using AVG Free edition. Blocks any threat that tries to attack my computer from any website.
Alexi

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 08:43:00 PM »
I'm using AVG Free edition. Blocks any threat that tries to attack my computer from any website.

Most anti virus programs don't so a good job of blocking malware or spyware. I would wager that if you run Ad Aware you will find LOTS of malware installed on your computer. Most of it just tracks your shopping habits and is not malicious, but it does all slow down your computer quite a bit.
Oscar
Oscar

gunnar429

• Nothing like fruit from your own yard!
    • West Park, FL 33023, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 06:47:46 PM »
I know this is mostly about malware, etc.  But just wanted to let people know that bryan is curently selling durian and mangosteen trees on his website.  I believe they are $25 plus shipping.  I recently received some achachas from Bryan, and they arrived in great condition, well packed, and ready to thrive....no signs of stress despite transit from PR to FL. 
~Jeff

"Say you just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean. Make way for the positive day." - Positive Vibration

cbss_daviefl

• USA, Southwest Ranches,FL 33331, 10B
    • View Profile
    • bfgtropicals.com
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 08:11:30 PM »
Thanks Jeff.  I have laid out a lot of money in mangosteen seeds and only have two plants to show for it, one is less then a centimeter tall.  Time to pay up for plants.  I knew they sold them but it has been a while since they have been available.  I bought two and a few more things that I will probably end up killing or dying from cold.
Brandon

murahilin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 08:42:52 PM »
I know this is mostly about malware, etc.  But just wanted to let people know that bryan is curently selling durian and mangosteen trees on his website.  I believe they are $25 plus shipping.  I recently received some achachas from Bryan, and they arrived in great condition, well packed, and ready to thrive....no signs of stress despite transit from PR to FL.

Montoso Gardens definitely does some of the best packaging for fruit trees. Everything I've ever ordered from them have arrived in perfect condition.

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 10:37:07 PM »

Montoso Gardens definitely does some of the best packaging for fruit trees. Everything I've ever ordered from them have arrived in perfect condition.

Not only in top shape, they just explode with growth & you get more for your money for outstanding healthy plant every time!!! ;D
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

gunnar429

• Nothing like fruit from your own yard!
    • West Park, FL 33023, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 01:43:25 AM »
Thanks Jeff.  I have laid out a lot of money in mangosteen seeds and only have two plants to show for it, one is less then a centimeter tall.  Time to pay up for plants.  I knew they sold them but it has been a while since they have been available.  I bought two and a few more things that I will probably end up killing or dying from cold.

a cm tall....lol  I hope your efforts pay off in the future.
~Jeff

"Say you just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean. Make way for the positive day." - Positive Vibration

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Global Moderator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 11:06:46 AM »
agree. my experiences with montoso gardens have all been spectacular.
Jeff  :-)