Author Topic: Blushwood Australian berries?  (Read 3228 times)

Raulglezruiz

• Puerto Vallarta,Mexico. Lat 21.5 Semi Tropical
    • View Profile
Blushwood Australian berries?
« on: February 13, 2016, 01:32:44 PM »
I just came across this plant on the Internet,  it says cures Cancer within days apparently,  is located in North Queensland, any info of the scientific name and uses over there from our Auzzies members?
El verde es vida!

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
Re: Blushwood Australian berries?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 01:36:01 PM »
I just came across this plant on the Internet,  it says cures Cancer within days apparently,  is located in North Queensland, any info of the scientific name and uses over there from our Auzzies members?
http://www.healthyandnaturalworld.com/blushwood-berries-can-destroy-cancer-cells-almost-instantly/

Don

• Brisbane Australia zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 10:39:53 PM »
If it cured cancer in days, everybody would know of it! Some people use cruel and untruthful information to market things that nobody knows of. I havnt heard of it, and would gaurantee that if you put your life in the hands of one of these miracle cures you most propably will pay the price. It may have cancer fighting properties but to say it is a cure would be pretty wrong.

druss

• australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 02:58:28 AM »
Actually Don, in this case its potentially true. The types of cancer it treats is limited but it is highly effective. It has been mentioned on the forum before. There are human trials planned it worked scarily well on animals. They don't advertise it because they dont want people trapsing through the national parks chasing a rare and endangered tree with very limited distribution. I know a few non fruit type seed collectors in the region and no one knows or admits knowing where it is. Ive tried to find it once before for someone, mikeT, P recher or a long time local may know but its not common knowledge.

Don

• Brisbane Australia zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 04:33:32 AM »
Fair enough! Most of the things people say cure cancer are a bit of a joke. They might have cancer fighting properties but for something to CURE cancer would be in fairly high demand. I have known a few people I have worked with that have had cancer and been scammed with naturopathy type treatments involving certain types of plants that are supposed to be a cure for cancer that nobody knows about. Most times it is a hard learnt lesson and cruel outcome. In desperate times i suppose people try desperate measures.

druss

• australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 04:47:41 AM »
http://www.healthyandnaturalworld.com/blushwood-berries-can-destroy-cancer-cells-almost-instantly/
I was doubtful at first but this gives a fair amount of info on just what it is capable of. I think the location is kept pretty unknown to stop 3rd party patent happy countries from trying to register the chemical and capture the market.

druss

• australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 04:50:30 AM »
And yup I've watched a good friend try sea cucumber and a myriad of other alternative therapy when the chemo and radiation therapy didn't work. It sux big time when you know they know that it isnt helping but keep trying anyway.

DimplesLee

• frustrated permie
    • PHL&AUS
    • View Profile
Diggin in dirt and shifting compost - gardeners crossfit regime :)

DimplesLee

• frustrated permie
    • PHL&AUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 05:44:39 AM »
Time to email/phone up Australian National Botanic Gardens :) hopefully it is something as easy to ask for seeds/scions as our various wild fingerlimes.

BMc

• Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 09:17:06 PM »
I heard sometime back that the pharma company tried to register the tree, even the wild population, to stop people from getting their hands on propagatable material.  Don't know if or how that would be possible, but the silence over this species is deafening.

DimplesLee

• frustrated permie
    • PHL&AUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 10:29:17 PM »
Wild sourced plants aren't eligible for registration to restrict ownership to a particular individual or company either under Plant Breeder's Rights or even Australian Cultivar Registration Authority.

My email reply from a certain Botanical Garden is that it is listed as vulnerable and the location, trade and every other possible commercial activity is restricted under Nature Conservation Act 1992, Vegetation Management Act 1999 and Environment Protection Act 1999. So in effect the QLD government is trying to protect the very limited wild populations and they are figuratively speaking under lock and key/maximum security prison [American analogy] :) which is contrary to people who feel like they need to try this as a herbal concoction right this bloody minute, is actually very, very good news.

Yep I used my work email to enquire about the Blushwood berry (I assumed it would get me faster response that way) but I think that it made them feel justified about slapping me with 11 paragraphs of legalese right back :) 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 12:08:32 AM by DimplesLee »

greenman62

• CharlesitaveNB
    • [url=https://vgruk.com/]vgr uk[/url]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2016, 10:28:20 AM »
Blushwood Tree Locations
http://blushwood.com/blushwood_tree_locations.htm

Christine Doan and Dr Colin Macgregor talk about some Blushwoods that are growing on Malanda North and the anticancer drug EBC-46 that is being developed from Blushwoods by Ecobitics (which is based in Yungaburra) for the intralesional treatment of solid tumours in both humans and companion animals. EBC-46 is a novel small molecule isolated from the Blushwood shrub, a native found in the Australian tropical rainforest. To date, EBC-46 has been successful in the local treatment of a range of tumour types in horses, dogs and cats and is still going through the development process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlJznUEVLao

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2016, 04:49:21 PM »
Hylandia dockrilli seems to be closer to the real deal than most and the fuss is focussed on this species. Trees are hard to recognize and many similar fruit are found on the forest floor.The seeds are pretty distinctive. They are found at high altitude in a long strip from north to south, a few hundred km.

DimplesLee

• frustrated permie
    • PHL&AUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2016, 10:36:34 PM »
The problem here is that with DIY'ers method of let me brew this at home and see if I can get a similar concentrated seed.extract is that even small amounts of wild collected seeds.will take a toll on the already limited population. Perhaps we should all wait until there is a massive number of tissue cultured Blushwood plants being grown for the sole purpose of extracting the compound from the seeds instead of going off half-assed and going on a scavenging hunt NOW at the expense of what little there is growing wild at present.

As an indirect comparison, look at what has happened with the American ginseng. Although Panax vs Hylandia seems a bit off as Panax WAS found within a bigger range and had a larger wild populations waaaay back then.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 10:41:53 PM by DimplesLee »