Author Topic: Flying Fox Fruits Nursery  (Read 282849 times)

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
I still have most of these Myrciaria seeds available!

but not for much longer, I'm going to plant what's not been sold in the next 2-3 weeks!

Now available,

fresh Myrciaria trunciflora seeds for $3 ea.

all of the others are still available.

Myrciaria seeds are still available...(prices are subject to change, they can go up and down, depending on supply and demand!)

M. sp (Grimal, aka Peluda de Alagoas) $3 ea

M. cauliflora hybrid (Red Jaboticaba, aka Precoce, or Hibrida) $2 ea

M. jaboticaba (Sabara) $1 ea (most common jabo in the world, excellent rootstock)

M. glazioviana $2 ea (yellow jaboticaba, cabelluda)

(also have miracle fruits seeds for 50 cent ea)

minimum order $10

More species coming soon!

please email FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com to place an order,

DO NOT SEND A PM THROUGH THE FORUM (they are easily overlooked!)

Thanks!
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
I listed some Starcherry / Pitangatubas on Ebay... :)

(if a forum member buys a plant off ebay, please email me, I'll make sure they're larger than the size of what the listing says, 8-10inch instead of 5inch)

lol, or you could just email me directly to buy a plant and cut ebay out of the deal...so I can give you a better price.  :P

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191578992953
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

Tropicaliste

• Washington D.C. Area, US 7a
    • View Profile
It is much more personal to send an email. :) That said, check your inbox. Lol.

michsu

• Hacienda Heights, CA (Southern California, Los Angeles)
    • View Profile
    • Pictures of my trees.. nothing fancy
wow, you have 156 points already in Ebay.. you sure work really fast  ;D

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
wow, you have 156 points already in Ebay.. you sure work really fast  ;D

lol..I've had that feedback for a while.  I've been a member since 2003.

btw, I just revised my listing for the pitangatubas...now has free shipping.

I will be listing more items soon!! (cambuca, red jabo, biriba, and much more)
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

michsu

• Hacienda Heights, CA (Southern California, Los Angeles)
    • View Profile
    • Pictures of my trees.. nothing fancy
biriba.. yum... I think.. never had it before.. are you able to ship any fruit? *like that one? hint hint*  ;D

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
biriba.. yum... I think.. never had it before.. are you able to ship any fruit? *like that one? hint hint*  ;D

I guess you don't realize how delicate these fruits are and how fast they turn into mush?
Oscar

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits

I guess you don't realize how delicate these fruits are and how fast they turn into mush?

I wish I had enough biriba to ship!

I guess for the right price anything is possible! ($200 per fruit?  :P )

They can be shipped but it's not easy! (They are highly perishable)

It's like the physics project they made us do in school where you have to drop an egg off a building without breaking it! 

Lol I was successful doing this in school.

But seriously there is probably some regulation that prohibits me from sending fresh fruit to CA.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 06:15:26 PM by FlyingFoxFruits »
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery

I wish I had enough biriba to ship!

I guess for the right price anything is possible! ($200 per fruit?  :P )

They can be shipped but it's not easy! (They are highly perishable)

It's like the physics project they made us do in school where you have to drop an egg off a building without breaking it! 

Lol I was successful doing this in school.

But seriously there is probably some regulation that prohibits me from sending fresh fruit to CA.

Maybe if you pick the rollinia fruit totally green and then use futuristic Amazon one hour drone delivery then it will be possible. In the meantime you will have to continue dropping eggs from tall buildings.  ;)
PS yes ofcourse ag rules will make it very difficult, if not impossible, for you to send fruits to California, possibly strictest state in the nation!
Oscar

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
quite update...

I have about a half dozen grafted "Genova Red" illamas (on pond apple) left.

they will be sold out within the next 40 days I'm guessing.

they are about 1ft tall, one gal, $40 ea (for members of the forum)...($45 for non-members)
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
Pitangatuba seeds $3 ea
Grimal jaboticaba seeds $3
Red jabo seeds $2 ea
Sabara Jabo seeds $1 ea
Blue jabo seeds (M. vexator) $3 ea
Pitomba seeds $2 ea (almost out)

(more plants will be available soon, I have some white jaboticaba seedlings, eugenia candolleana seedlings, Na dai sugar apple seedlings, rollinia deliciosa seedlings, annona montana seedlings, camu camu seedlings, and more...I just need to take pics and create listings for them!)
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

fisherking73

• Hollywood (Broward county), Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Just a shout out to Adam I forgot to do before. Purchased some white jades, and sweet stripes from him last month or so, arrived fast, healty, and doing great.  Will most definetly do business with again.

Tropicaliste

• Washington D.C. Area, US 7a
    • View Profile
I was in the middle of posting this when my computer crapped out. My adapter quit working. I ordered another which arrived Monday, but was the wrong one, and ordered the right one. It finally came today, and I can finish my review. Lol. I know many of you can relate to wanting to throw your electronics off a moving train.  :P

I wanted to brag a bit. I got my order from Adam yesterday(first week of June), and am very happy. He sent me a Sweetheart Lychee, very healthy and large diameter trunk. A Garcinia, nice and green, a M. Phitranta that should be popping out the tape soon, a Rollinia, which has huge leaves, and a M. Glomerata which is already loving it's new home.

I have ordered many plants from him in the past, and plan to many times again in the future. Thanks Adam. :)

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
shipped on Monday from florida. arrives Wednesday in Hawaii.  Fast!   But I'll admit the last leg from West Coast across the Pacific can be dodgy if the connection isn't made.  But Adam's stuff is always packed up REALLy nicely. 

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
shipped on Monday from florida. arrives Wednesday in Hawaii.  Fast!   But I'll admit the last leg from West Coast across the Pacific can be dodgy if the connection isn't made.  But Adam's stuff is always packed up REALLy nicely.

You got lucky. 3 days is more common.
Oscar

palologrower

• View Profile
definitely.  I think there's a timing issue. if adam ships out past a certain time, certain trucks/vans won't get to certain points in the supply chain in time.  idk how it works, but it amazes me that despite the flack USPS gets for service, they are no matter what a workhorse that gets stuff out quick and for cheap.  $5~!

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
definitely.  I think there's a timing issue. if adam ships out past a certain time, certain trucks/vans won't get to certain points in the supply chain in time.  idk how it works, but it amazes me that despite the flack USPS gets for service, they are no matter what a workhorse that gets stuff out quick and for cheap.  $5~!

Enjoy it while it lasts. USPS is losing a couple billion dollars quartely. Last quarter they did "good"-- they only lost 1.5 billion dollars. This has been going on for years. How long can the feds continue to subsidize them? USPS is supposedly independent from federal government and operating without tax revenue, but obviously this is not true or they would have been bankrupt a long time ago.
Oscar

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile

I don't know how it works either because it took a day longer and about 3,000 less miles traveled to reach West Coast. The timing was good for your package. 2 day priority showed up at the end of day 4 for me.

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
i think it all depends on the thermals and jet streams!

sometimes the flying fox can get to far away destinations faster than the close ones.

;D

I don't know how it works either because it took a day longer and about 3,000 less miles traveled to reach West Coast. The timing was good for your package. 2 day priority showed up at the end of day 4 for me.
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

palologrower

• View Profile

Enjoy it while it lasts. USPS is losing a couple billion dollars quartely. Last quarter they did "good"-- they only lost 1.5 billion dollars. This has been going on for years. How long can the feds continue to subsidize them? USPS is supposedly independent from federal government and operating without tax revenue, but obviously this is not true or they would have been bankrupt a long time ago.

the USPS counfounds me.  they're mandated to provide fast and efficient service, yet at the same time they aren't able to compete directly with fedex/ups.  some weird regulation in how they function.  the ironic part is fedex/ups uses USPS planes for delivery also.  so can only imagine what would happen if usps were to dissolve.  now the $5 and birthday card from grandma will cost her $15 to send it. ha ha ha.  sad.  but in any case, I'm glad for fast delivery. thanks again adam!

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery

the USPS counfounds me.  they're mandated to provide fast and efficient service, yet at the same time they aren't able to compete directly with fedex/ups.  some weird regulation in how they function.  the ironic part is fedex/ups uses USPS planes for delivery also.  so can only imagine what would happen if usps were to dissolve.  now the $5 and birthday card from grandma will cost her $15 to send it. ha ha ha.  sad.  but in any case, I'm glad for fast delivery. thanks again adam!

You got it backwards. USPS uses FedEx and UPS planes. There are no USPS planes.
Only reason you got your package in 2 days is because you live on Oahu. All flights arrive there first. All outer islands you can add another day for delivery. Sometimes even express mail doesn't make it here in 2 days.
Oscar

palologrower

• View Profile
you're right.  I guess that's one of the perks of being on Oahu.  but you guys on the neighbor islands get the cooler stuff anyway!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 10:12:25 PM by palologrower »

palologrower

• View Profile
but I lucked out again.  florida to Honolulu.  Monday pickup Wednesday delivery!  though I wouldn't imagine speedy delivery around the holidays.

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
now I have an extremely limited amount of Myrciaria glomerata seedlings, they are still small in plugs about 3-6inch tall ($20-25 ea depending on size) shipping is $5 via priority mail.

I was planning on selling them for at least $30 ea, upwards of $40 ea, but they turned out to be more difficult to grow than M. glazioviana.  They are tough as nails being that they've survived over 105F in my greenhouse, but they have been growing slow, and have needed to be drenched with chelated Fe.

If they were looking perfectly healthy and if they were easy to grow, I'd sell them for much more (being that I paid quite a bit of money per seed!!)

but now I'm realizing, this one is strictly for collectors.

the plants I have are healthy for sure, but could be a little greener.  I just hit them with chelated Fe, so they should really perk up when they are put into a one gal pot with some good soil.

sorry there is a limit of one plant per person, this is a new introduction into the USA, so I'd like as many people to get a chance to grow it as possible.

(I will post recent pics later)
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

buddyguygreen

• Keeper of Earth
  • Zone Creator
    • Citrus Ridge, FL,
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge of the Masters
Put me down for one bro