Author Topic: selling (pay at reception) last hours rare and "excellent common fruits"  (Read 4378 times)

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
YOU WILL PAY AT RECEPTION

Hi!
Before to continue i wanted to know if i don't mistake if i sell seeds but not for a nursery; for myself or for an association NGO. The last option will prefer the price to be free, and users to make donation (it's not the same complications for VAT in france!)

i will be glad anyway to publish photos of unusual fruits, and to send them, and have your ideas for the names!

cheers

jd
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 09:05:33 PM by linsecte »

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
Does someone know the names of these 10 species of fruits?
i'm a new on this forum, but large experience on greffer.net and fruitiers.net. About cold-hardy -7)C to -50°C fruits i made a few thousands exchanges, shares. i appreciate the idea the seeds could find "parents" all over the world, some are unusual or rare, some are common in the coutry where i travell, but very good (1€).
So, i hope i could legally sell morever i just hope it will pay the costs (minimum order 10€)
The more important to my eyes is you say in a few years, for example on this subject, what cold temperatures it survived.
seeds from 1 to 4€ each. if you take different seeds they will be mixed in the same plastic bag, but with the photos you could make the difference. before sending i wash them with sea water, to try avoid mold. but keep them a little bit wet for they stay alive during transport. ground mix should be mold-free, but is forbidden at importation. Say me if it's ok?
4€: IMG_2541.jpg

« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 04:26:42 PM by linsecte »

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
i propose common seeds 1€, unusual seeds 2 to 3€, rare seeds 4€.
inclusive transport minimal order 10€.

1) these ones are rare? i have only a few, 4€ (if common i will cheaper if i still have)

with a thin skin and only 1 or 2 big seeds per fruit, it is different from santol (Sandoricum koetjape)
https://drhealthbenefits.com/food-bevarages/fruits/health-benefits-of-santol-fruit
https://wiki2.org/en/Sandoricum_koetjape

« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 07:43:34 PM by linsecte »

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile

1€/fruit Asian grape: very big and not so much sugar than in usual dried grapes. i find they are very better to eat more.

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
"sold out" 1€. I dont't like it so much than cherimoya. but it's good.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 01:19:54 AM by linsecte »

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
4€ this strange little fuit "N°1" is very good. what is it? rare or just unusual?

« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 05:15:55 AM by linsecte »

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile

this one i didn't buy, because someone told be it's not good for health, just like cigarette marijuana, makes people sleep...

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
2€ here benoit30 writes the big is sweet without any acidity is Sapotilla (Manilkara huberi)
, the more little On the right Duku / Langsat (Lansium parasiticum) looks like mangosteen taste and style, but is it more hardy?
is it common or unusual?

« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 04:36:07 PM by linsecte »

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
1€ durians: the king of the fruits you should sow if you don't have in your tropical area. just don't stay under the tree when the fruit falls. it's very nutritive, makes raw vegans happy.
the 3 rare durians (red, orange, yellow) on the photos are more expensive but i find they are not so good than the bigger with "white" flesh.

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
1€ other common fuits very good, Jackfruit and "Tarap". The round one (named TARAP here) with little seeds, don't have the "caoutchouc" consistance of oblong jackfruit.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 05:04:32 AM by linsecte »

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
Re: selling seeds of tropical to identify (rare?) and "excellent common fruits"
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 10:30:34 PM »
4€ "Bambangan": i don't appreciate acidity, but was it wrap? Local people says it's sour. And they say it only grows in Sabah island (Malaysia).

« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 05:06:54 AM by linsecte »

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
Re: selling seeds of tropical to identify (rare?) and "excellent common fruits"
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 10:37:56 PM »

1€ every other usual fruits, such as... mangosteen, rambutan, etc... very very good! and if you neeed more to sow one forest, of course cheaper if quantities! i will study propositions for 500gr, 1kg, 10kg... after i check the post price for your country from malaysia.

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
i propose common seeds 1€, unusual seeds 2 to 3€, rare seeds 4€.
inclusive transport minimal order 10€.

1) these ones are rare? i have only a few, 4€ (if common i will cheaper if i still have)
maybe L'image me fait penser au santol (Sandoricum koetjape)
https://drhealthbenefits.com/food-bevarages/fruits/health-benefits-of-santol-fruit

Yes i know the name of this fruit, is Australian Achacha.... ;D

Benoit30

• France (Nξmes) zone 9
    • View Profile
    • Acclimatons
Hello Linsect !

On the left Sapotilla (Manilkara huberi)           On the right Duku / Langsat (Lansium parasiticum)

Nice Marang (Artocarpus odoratissimus)!

Is it mangga Kweni (Mangifera odorata Griffith) ?

Nice done with durian ! Is it true that red durian (Durio oxleyanus) from montain area can survive up to 0°C ?

Regards,

PS Thanks Linsect for your latest seeds from Andalusia cold hardly avocado and chirimoya are very rare, I hope I can acclimate them in south France (9a).
Acclimating white sapote, avocado, mango, cherimoya in marginal zone 9 climate. https://acclimatons.com/

ohad88

• Israel
    • View Profile
I think this one is betel nut (Areca catechu palm).

this one i didn't buy, because someone told be it's not good for health, just like cigarette marijuana, makes people sleep...

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
thank you!!!
i have add some local names on my publications.
i removed the wrong latin name of the Australian Achacha, because the skin is not the same, and inside "my achacha" there is only 1 or 2 seeds, other photo here:

red durian O°C? mine have really no taste, just the colour to become interesting...
Maybe some others are also cold hardy?
yellow better taste.
Thank you Benoit30, i will be glad to re-send others seeds to you ;)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 04:38:40 PM by linsecte »

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
Pay at reception of the seeds.
Well i didn't have any customer yet.
A chance for the island i'm camping: i sow a few kg yesterday (i was planning anyway). But i have some more today, last day if anybobdy want i send some: because next night i will take the plane back to china, by  hong kong.

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
sabah island, malaysia, have good reputation for the taste of durians

msk0072

• Greece, Crete, Hania, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
which seeds are now avalaible?
Mike

HIfarm

• Paukaa, HI, USA zone 12b
    • View Profile

Nice done with durian ! Is it true that red durian (Durio oxleyanus) from montain area can survive up to 0°C ?

That fruit above doesn't look like kuini I have had.  I suspect it might be M. pajang?

Pictures of D. oxleyanus are green to maybe bronzey-green.  If it is red, is it maybe D. dulcis? (or red flesh, D. graveolens?)

John

alfian1

• Indonesia, Jawa Barat, Sukabumi, 13
    • View Profile

That fruit above doesn't look like kuini I have had.  I suspect it might be M. pajang?

Pictures of D. oxleyanus are green to maybe bronzey-green.  If it is red, is it maybe D. dulcis? (or red flesh, D. graveolens?)

John

I think it's not kuini too. Because kuini is green skin like common manggo and has orange flesh not too white. And kuini skiin more smooth lik common manggo

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
locals says it grows only on sabah island. too much acid for me.
most are available except tarap, because nobody said me it was forbidden to fly with, i could now send them from china.
does anybody knows if some of these fruits could survive frosts? or adapt andalusia?
when it will not bug any more, i will post photos:
- special durian, 4X more expensive, a lot of very good to eat around each seed!
- pipa-mango (between Eriobotrya japonica and Mango)

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
hi, sorry i didn't answer the late messages, because i was not any more on tropical countries travelling and not notified on my personnal mailbox.
i answer here for all:
i am french
i WAS travelling
i am not a reseller, just a traveller eating fruits and then looking for the future of their seeds.
i proposed to pay at reception because i had no orders, and was wondering if it was because i am new on the forum; even if one member have a good experience for free (exchange) with me, i thought maybe buyers was afraid to pay for nothing ;)
cheers
jd
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 04:16:17 AM by linsecte »

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
+ prices was including transport from 16€ orders.
transport +2€ for 10 to 15€ orders
transport 4€ for more little orders

i still have some in fridge

USUALLY i share a lot of COLD HARDY OTHER FRUITS trees and shrubs for temperate climates
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 04:30:10 AM by linsecte »