Author Topic: Miracle Fruit-Most improved fruit after consuming  (Read 742 times)

Timbogrow

• Naples, FL 10b
    • View Profile
Miracle Fruit-Most improved fruit after consuming
« on: April 05, 2024, 12:32:37 PM »
Happy Friday everyone. I just am really shocked how delicios the surinam cherry is after eating 2 miracle fruits. I have 5 red seedlings from home depot out front. 3/5 are ok and 2/5 are very resinous. They aren't great on their own but after consuming 2x Miracle fruits they turn into a real treat. So much that my wife said it was good. I keep going back for more. Amazing! Have a nice day folks!

Daintree

• Boise, Idaho - zone 6, with a zone 12 greenhouse...
    • View Profile
Re: Miracle Fruit-Most improved fruit after consuming
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2024, 02:15:54 PM »
I am always amazed at what tastes change after eating miracle berries. They get rid of the heat in spicy foods, take the metallic taste out of your mouth caused by certain medications, and change the flavor of mediocre fruits. If only they would make coffee taste sweet!!

Carolyn

Sir Graftalot

• Where the wood at?
    • U.S.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2024, 02:37:55 PM »
A miracle berry tree is a must for any fruit grower. It makes everything taste better. Can't wait to try Araza Boi with some miracle berries - it's like eating a mango I hear.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 01:10:49 PM by Sir Graftalot »

CeeJey

• Arizona 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2024, 07:11:43 PM »
Feijoa is my personal favorite, or blackberries.

Galatians522

• Florida 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2024, 11:03:09 PM »
I like a lot of things after miracle fruit, grapefruit, blackberries, passionfruit, cranberry hibiscus leaves, and roselle are some of my favorites. For "most improved, I vote for Pond apple. It tastes shockingly good after miracle fruit. I actually went back for more. The biggest problem was that there were a lot of seeds to spit out.

RS

• Central FL, 9b/10a microclimate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2024, 09:15:51 PM »
These are great ideas! My favorites to date have been grapefruit, pitangatuba, jaboticaba, and cocoa (hot cocoa using unsweetened cocoa powder).
Lots more to try...

Timbogrow

• Naples, FL 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2024, 12:32:50 PM »
I'm super excited to try pitangatuba also. My plants have been flowering for their second year so I'm hoping for a few fruits to try. It probably improves all eugenia species fruit flavor. Cranberry hibiscus sounds really interesting and will be trying that today.
Lots of good plants to try improving with the miracle fruits, thanks for all the replies and ideas for us all to experiment with. Keep em coming.

Raulglezruiz

• Puerto Vallarta,Mexico. Lat 21.5 Semi Tropical
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2024, 04:16:47 PM »
Used too try mangos !even if they aren't sour ,the sweetness will increase !I can't even eat my mangos without it ,is like adding 5% more Brix to them
El verde es vida!

Artocarpus

• Naples Fl 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2024, 05:02:58 PM »
Please take this advice, don’t drink beer  after eating a MF.  :P. Fresh squeezed lemon and water and you got some sweet lemonade has always been one of my favorites.

Galatians522

• Florida 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2024, 09:39:56 PM »
I'm super excited to try pitangatuba also. My plants have been flowering for their second year so I'm hoping for a few fruits to try. It probably improves all eugenia species fruit flavor. Cranberry hibiscus sounds really interesting and will be trying that today.
Lots of good plants to try improving with the miracle fruits, thanks for all the replies and ideas for us all to experiment with. Keep em coming.

I imagine that you have tried it by now, but to me miracle fruit makes cranberry hibiscus taste like salad with cranberry vinegret dressing. The leaves are shockingly sweet once the acid is masked.

Satya

• North Miami Beach, FL , Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • Growing rare tropicals and fruit trees.
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2024, 02:57:53 PM »
Please take this advice, don’t drink beer  after eating a MF.  :P . Fresh squeezed lemon and water and you got some sweet lemonade has always been one of my favorites.
same here, bitter and sour citrus work the best for me. Other foods - especially those that are not meant to be sweet - taste horrible after MF, don't try to have dinner after eating miracle fruit  ;D  it will destroy the taste of the meal.
The berries are used for chemo patients since they improve the taste for them, so if you guys have any extra donate them to hospices or places taking care of cancer pts. You might significantly improve their quality of life when it matters the most.

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2024, 04:21:46 PM »
lol, just ate one super ripe miracle fruit and waited a couple of minutes and ate a Surinam cherry off our hedge; NICE! Definitely reduced the resinous taste and allowed me to enjoy the fruit more. 2 would be better I am sure, but got a couple of IPAs waiting for me.

buddy roo

• Spring Valley, Ca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2024, 09:20:37 AM »
I am always amazed at what tastes change after eating miracle berries. They get rid of the heat in spicy foods, take the metallic taste out of your mouth caused by certain medications, and change the flavor of mediocre fruits. If only they would make coffee taste sweet!!

CarolynHi Carolyn , so you are saying if I eat a miracle berry, then I can eat a hot pepper and it wont burn my mouth ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk