Author Topic: Reptonia muscatencesea  (Read 2597 times)

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
Reptonia muscatencesea
« on: June 15, 2017, 07:21:19 PM »
This fruit tree is native to jabel al akdar in Oman. The fruit is supposed to be a very sweet and similar to cherry/black plum in flavor.

The local call it boot fruit.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 07:35:39 PM by EvilFruit »
Moh'd

HIfarm

• Paukaa, HI, USA zone 12b
    • View Profile
Re: Reptonia muscatencesea
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 02:48:16 PM »
Thanks for posting, Moh'd.  I had never heard of this one so your post inspired me to research it some more.  I was finding very little on this species.  However, I found listings for Reptonia mascatensis, occurring in the same area so I wonder if the species name may have been a typo.  Looks like this one has a lot of synonyms.
http://plants.jstor.org/compilation/reptonia.buxifolia
It sounds like an interesting fruit.  The pic in the bowl almost looks like a bowl of blueberries.  Keep us posted if you ever have a chance to try this one.

John

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 07:09:18 PM »
Thanks for posting, Moh'd.  I had never heard of this one so your post inspired me to research it some more.  I was finding very little on this species.  However, I found listings for Reptonia mascatensis, occurring in the same area so I wonder if the species name may have been a typo.  Looks like this one has a lot of synonyms.
http://plants.jstor.org/compilation/reptonia.buxifolia
It sounds like an interesting fruit.  The pic in the bowl almost looks like a bowl of blueberries.  Keep us posted if you ever have a chance to try this one.

John

Hi John,

Sorry for my late reply.

About boot fruit, Everyone who visited Jabel al Akdar are amazed about how good it is.  I'll try to ask someone from Oman to bring some for me, But i really doubt I can it this year since we are in Ramadan (fasting month) and the season will end very soon.  :'(
Moh'd

Chandramohan

• India, Kerala, Wynad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 08:51:49 AM »
If you manage to get some fruits and can spare a few seeds, I would be very grateful. Thanks the fruits look delicious!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk