Author Topic: Need some advice with some trees  (Read 1069 times)

Das Bhut

• Davie
    • View Profile
Need some advice with some trees
« on: March 04, 2017, 07:22:34 PM »
Having some minor problems with a Lemon Zest mango, Hasya Sapodilla, Red Morning jackfruit, Pace mamey, and Oro Negro avocado.

Mamey is growing slowly and something is eating it's leaves.

Jackfruit has weird spots and discolored leaves.

Avocado is recently transplanted since my neighbor's 5 year old cut and stabbed it for fun I moved it. So now it's oddly shaped and dealing with transplant shape, what should I do?

Sapodilla was dormant for a long time but is now starting to grow. Since it's pretty leggy it's growing horizontally, should I prune it?

Mango has browning tips/yellowing leaves, probably because I gave it some iron should I prune it? Also I think it has some flowers?

Pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/j1FBn they're pretty big pictures if you zoom in

beefyboy

• united states, florida
    • View Profile
Re: Need some advice with some trees
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 09:52:53 AM »
Your problems are basic! surprised nobody responded. First I would not throw iron or other products on trees unless you know specifically what is going on. Brown tips on leaves is quite common, especially with avocado, it is usually moisture issues to the tree. Looks like you have weevils eating your leaves, that is also unfortunately life in Florida now, you cannot stop it easily but it will not kill the trees. I cannot see the photo's very easily so that is all I can say which is probably to late anyway for this is an old thread. Just keep it simple. keep weeds 3 ft out on all sides from trunk which is a 6 ft span total. Then mulch 4-5 inches deep is adequate, and keep them watered. Fertilize with an 8-4-8 or similar with micro's and you can get that one at home depot, it is very common, decent quality, and good for about anything and will even work for bananas in a pinch if that's all you have and want to purchase.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk