Author Topic: What Grapefruit Variety is Best Combination of Sweetness/Seedlessness  (Read 1996 times)

Johnny Redland

• Redland FL
    • View Profile
Looking for opinions on the best Grapefruit variety for sweetness and seedlessness. Next on the priority list would be disease resistance and overall look of a maintained tree. Any opinions are welcome.  Thank you

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Looking for opinions on the best Grapefruit variety for sweetness and seedlessness. Next on the priority list would be disease resistance and overall look of a maintained tree. Any opinions are welcome.  Thank you

Thompson Pink or Flame for fruit quality.  Disease resistance....hahahahahahahahahahahaha
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 08:31:16 AM by bsbullie »
- Rob

Johnny Redland

• Redland FL
    • View Profile

Thomlson Pink or Flame for fruit quality.  Disease resistance....hahahahahahahahahahahaha

I feel you. Very different Florida landscape than the one I grew up in :(

Botanicus

• North Central Florida
    • View Profile
I would still take a seedy Duncan over any other grapefruit, none of the seedless varieties can come close to that flavor.

Johnny Redland

• Redland FL
    • View Profile
I would still take a seedy Duncan over any other grapefruit, none of the seedless varieties can come close to that flavor.

I ordered a Flame and a Duncan.  Nobody seems to carry Thompson Pink anywhere near me.

patchofpentaphyllum

• GAINESVILLE
    • View Profile

Agreed

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Personally, I much prefer Marsh white grapefruit, left hanging on the tree until the month of March.

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
I personally prefer a Melo Gold but dont know if any of the Florida Growers propagate it.

I know either Nelson or Record Buck have recently had Thompson Pink (I want to say its Nelson but cant recall).
- Rob