Author Topic: Atemoya help please...  (Read 919 times)

chris1

• Brevard county, Florida zone 9b
    • View Profile
Atemoya help please...
« on: July 16, 2017, 10:51:43 PM »
Tell me about the atemoyas that you all would recommend. I would like to plant a tree that is a reliable producer and preferably has a long growing season or multiple crops. Also of course a good quality fruit is a must. The only variety I have managed to read anything about is the Gefner. If anyone can shed some light on this interesting fruit tree please share or recommend a variety to me. Thanks!

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Atemoya help please...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 12:22:50 PM »
I have 3 different types including Lisa, Dream, and an Australian type I got from Fruitscapes. I am very impressed with the way
the trees are growing and I let the Lisa hold a couple fruit this year. Everything I read I would recommend the Dream for you because
it is suppose to be more cold hardy and you are 9b? I have read very good reviews about the taste, production and cold tolerance.
The reason I became interested in atemoya (aside from I want at least one of everything) is a girl told me how great her gefner was
doing and how much she appreciated the fruit. Everyone has their opinion on which tastes the best but since you are 9b the Dream is
suppose to be the most cold hardy

beefyboy

• united states, florida
    • View Profile
Re: Atemoya help please...
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 10:22:53 PM »
I have not had Dream nor Australian but have both along with a special Custard apple I also have never tried but trust my source that it is tops. Geffner was very reliable for me over the years!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk