Author Topic: Xie Shan satsumas  (Read 2208 times)

mrtexas

• USA, Sugarland,TX 9B
    • View Profile
    • MrTexasCitrus
Xie Shan satsumas
« on: August 01, 2017, 06:34:44 PM »
I sampled one of my in ground xie shan satsumas the other day when I squeezed one and it was soft and already starting to get sweet.
They are already somewhat orange inside, green on the outside. I think one of the reasons they taste so good in my area is they are
so early. They are earlier than any other satsuma I have eaten. Last year a xie shan on my friend's tree was excellent
November 1 when most other satsumas were not ready. However, if you let brand x satsuma hang on the tree until January first
they are IMHO equal to xie sha at least in my area.

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Re: Xie Shan satsumas
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 11:02:45 PM »
Xie Shan (pronounced She Shan) one of the earliest maturing satsuma.  In most areas the fruit is ready to eat by mid September.  As Mr. Texas wrote, Xie Shan is ready before the peel is still green.

GardenScientist

• Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 10:55:33 PM »
Thanks for the report mrtexas. This one has been on my list to get. I'd like to stretch my satsuma/mandarin harvest season as much as possible. What is your latest?

mrtexas

• USA, Sugarland,TX 9B
    • View Profile
    • MrTexasCitrus
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 11:35:52 PM »
Thanks for the report mrtexas. This one has been on my list to get. I'd like to stretch my satsuma/mandarin harvest season as much as possible. What is your latest?

My latest citrus is akcay sekeri turkish sugar orange. Still haven't tasted one.
Top worked two tree to it.

http://www.fruitmentor.com/akcay-sekeri-sweet-orange

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk