Author Topic: Anybody has cherimoya seeds from named variety to sell  (Read 1940 times)

Yellowthumb

• View Profile
Anybody has cherimoya seeds from named variety to sell
« on: September 23, 2017, 11:40:20 PM »
I heard cherimoya seedlings from a good parent tree can grow good enough fruit. And can even fruit faster than grafted trees. Does anybody has named variety such as White, Honeyheart etc? I can pay a good price for it.

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody has cherimoya seeds from named variety to sell
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 01:45:47 AM »
JF and Beach2Bush (or Bush2Beach) sold scions before. Fruits ripen a little later than now. With SoCal Warming, who knows. Everything's coming in early this year.

Where are you located? It's a bigger hassle to go to the post office for international mail. Domestic I just print the label at home and give it to the mail carrier.

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 08:40:46 AM »
You're probably going to have to wait until cherimoyas are in season in California.
John

buddy roo

• Spring Valley, Ca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 12:04:28 PM »
Cherimoya  ARE NOT true to seed also a ungrafted tree takes much longer to produce than a grafted tree  best to plant the seeds now and graft on them next year. i have one of my trees that always fruits early so i have fresh seeds now if you want to come by and get a few.         Patrick

Yellowthumb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 12:03:05 AM »
Thanks guys for your reply. I live in Canada unfortunately. So I wish somebody would not mind the hassle and mail me 10 fresh seeds.

Thanks

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 12:07:56 AM »
There's always these guys for cherimoya seeds (and cherimoyas and other fruit)! https://www.grovestand.net
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 12:14:24 AM by johnb51 »
John

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 01:49:25 AM »
Thanks guys for your reply. I live in Canada unfortunately. So I wish somebody would not mind the hassle and mail me 10 fresh seeds.

Thanks
Do you know of any cheap shipping method from US to Canada? First class package is $9.50, and international flat rate is $25 for the smallest box. Ouch! Domestic package is only $2.67 for the first 4 ounces.

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 01:46:54 PM »
I have a lot of seeds but they are not fresh.  They should still be viable.  I think Mark just sprouted some I sent him.  Shipping is under 5$ for a padded envelope to Canada.
Brad Spaugh

buddy roo

• Spring Valley, Ca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 02:11:55 PM »

[/quote]
Do you know of any cheap shipping method from US to Canada? First class package is $9.50, and international flat rate is $25 for the smallest box. Ouch! Domestic package is only $2.67 for the first 4 ounces.
Fang you can send it as a letter for $1.15 i get cheep greeting cards from the dollar store , also i use a small patch of bubble wrap pop a bubble and push the seeds around through it i tape this to the center of the envelope to keep it from moving around, cards are hand sorted not ran through the machine , this works well for seeds cherimoya size and smaller.  hope this may help .        Regards       Patrick

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 06:09:08 PM »
Thanks for the tip, Patrick. The post office is making it really expensive to ship things around. That's even cheaper than domestic thick envelope.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk