Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

3 years old biribá on a 4L pot ready for planting

(1/4) > >>

huertasurbanas:

I planted it near a sete capotes and it looks so good! maybe next year we will have some fruit! Seeds from Hawaii

FlyingFoxFruits:
nice looking tree there, the leaves look really cool, most of them i see here don't have such a slender elongated shape...they are more oval shaped usually.

huertasurbanas:

--- Quote from: FlyingFoxFruits on December 10, 2017, 10:13:53 PM ---nice looking tree there, the leaves look really cool, most of them i see here don't have such a slender elongated shape...they are more oval shaped usually.

--- End quote ---

Hi, thanks for writing, I didnt knew that! I hope that the fruit will be good, I read that some of them have "mucosa"/sticky pulp and other ones are more firm... would it be true?

Guayaba:
That is a nice sized seedling and ready to bust out of that pot!  Good thing you planted it in the ground to get it up to size so it will bloom. Make sure to mulch and fertilize well this summer so it can get up to blooming size- about 2 meters. You can worry about fruit production after that time.

FlyingFoxFruits:

--- Quote from: huertasurbanas on December 11, 2017, 07:02:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: FlyingFoxFruits on December 10, 2017, 10:13:53 PM ---nice looking tree there, the leaves look really cool, most of them i see here don't have such a slender elongated shape...they are more oval shaped usually.

--- End quote ---

Hi, thanks for writing, I didnt knew that! I hope that the fruit will be good, I read that some of them have "mucosa"/sticky pulp and other ones are more firm... would it be true?

--- End quote ---

just don't wait to eat the fruit too long, or it will be snotty... this is one fruit you can pick slightly early, and it will taste best...so do not let the fruit turn fully yellow, pick when there is a about 10% green coloration left, 90% yellow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version