Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Chilly Florida AM

(1/8) > >>

phantomcrab:
I had a low of 38o F this AM. I have probably lost my mango flowers. Most of the FAWN stations in my area show temperatures near freezing.
FAWN - https://fawn.ifas.ufl.edu/

Tropheus76:
38? I wouldnt have even covered my trees. We had 28 where I live and the ground is covered in a nice layer of frost. I drove 20 minutes to work on 528 and my hood never unfroze. Glad I got everything I hope I needed covered. Its a Darwin year for my trees though aside from Mangoes and jackfruit.  I noticed my mulch mounds I built at the base of the trees did not have frost on them.

puglvr1:

The coldest my yard got this morning was 32° but only for a total of about an hour, between 5 to 7am ...and it wasn't continuous. It hovered between 32°-33° during that time. I covered nothing except my potted Desert Rose.

Tonight calls for a low of 30°...I hope that doesn't actually happen, fingers crossed!! Good luck to all that is dealing with this freezing conditions.

C24mccain:
I've posted my long night already but here in Lakeland near the airport we hit 32 degrees sometime just after midnight. It was 31 at 1am and by 3am we were 28 degrees. We stayed at 28 with a quick dip to 27 at 6am. By 7:45 we were back slightly above 32.

johnb51:
41 at 6am near the ocean where I live.  (My bedroom 64, and my living room 68.  Currently 69 in the family room, so no heat necessary.  FPL's not getting my money this month!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version